The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 07:33:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Eating Out Disasters!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eating Out Disasters!!  (Read 432 times)
injest
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 12:48:09 am »

You can't see a lot of the food prep areas in the fast food restaurants around here. There's a big metal thing dividing the sales area from the kitchen. They cook and wrap everything behind the metal wall and then slide the wrapped burgers through a slot.

But we don't have Whatsaburger here... at least not on the North, East and West sides of town. They might have them on the South side. I really don't know. Do you have White Castle in Texas? We have them on nearly every street corner here. Okay, that was an exaggeration! But they are EVERYWHERE! I remember when those burgers were 13 cents. Now they are 88 cents, I think. They are not very big at all but they are very good.  

we had a White Castle for about three minutes...then they closed...

I never went in there...now I kinda wished I had just so I could say I had..White Castle is pretty well known..
Report Spam   Logged
David
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 12:52:42 am »

we had a White Castle for about three minutes...then they closed...

I never went in there...now I kinda wished I had just so I could say I had..White Castle is pretty well known..

I wonder why they closed so soon? They didn't have White Castle in Evansville either. But they had a place called Burger Bank and their burgers were very similar. We've had White Castle here for years.. ever since I've been alive. I remember Mom and Dad often stopping at a White Castle on our way to Cincinnati. You'd buy them by the sack because they were so cheap. They are hard to explain. They are little square burgers and they are very aromatic... oniony I guess. With a pickle on top! lol

Do you have Steak-N-Shake there? Steak-N-Shake burgers are VERY good! And you CAN see them being prepared! The kitchen is in full view. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 01:04:21 am »

I wonder why they closed so soon? They didn't have White Castle in Evansville either. But they had a place called Burger Bank and their burgers were very similar. We've had White Castle here for years.. ever since I've been alive. I remember Mom and Dad often stopping at a White Castle on our way to Cincinnati. You'd buy them by the sack because they were so cheap. They are hard to explain. They are little square burgers and they are very aromatic... oniony I guess. With a pickle on top! lol

Do you have Steak-N-Shake there? Steak-N-Shake burgers are VERY good! And you CAN see them being prepared! The kitchen is in full view. Smiley

nope no Steak-N-Shakes!

we dont get the GOOD stuff here... Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum