The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 11:14:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"election projections" final prediction

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "election projections" final prediction  (Read 387 times)
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« on: November 02, 2010, 12:00:04 pm »

stay tuned and lets see how close they got it.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Election Projection's final tallies are posted

After 6 months of posting daily updates, Election Day is upon us.  All the polls have been collected; all the pundits have made their last House race rating updates.  All that is left now is the voting and the counting.  I will be live-blogging the election starting after 4pm this afternoon, so be sure to stop by often.  Please be patient with the site today, however, as I'm sure the traffic volume will slow down load times.  And now, drum roll please...
Your final 2010 Election Projections are:

Senate
49 Republicans - 49 Democrats - 2 Independents

House
243 Republicans - 192 Democrats

Governors
30 Republicans - 19 Democrats - 1 Independents

The projections reflect net Republican gains of 8 seats in the Senate, 64 seats in the House and 6 governorships - and include an independent gain of the governorship of Rhode Island.
Let the voting continue!  And the counting begin.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MustLoveDogs
dog lover

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:44:19 pm »

Looks like Sen. Lincoln is out---new Senator, Boozman is in. We told her not to vote with Obama on the healthcare bill. But she didn't listen. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:37:08 pm »

it cracks me up to see the oh so tolerant Progressives on Bettermost mocking witches...I guess they are unaware (or don't care) that they have a Wiccan amongst them...tsk tsk...

I know they have contempt for Christianity but I wonder how they reconcile their intolerance for one of the oldest religions in the world (predating Christianity)??

maybe they are all closet Christians!!  Shocked Shocked

so now we know...Bettermost people hate Christians and Wiccans...

but they adore Muslims and Athiests...

okkkkaayy....makes perfect Progressive sense...
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »

well it looks like the Republicans (and the Tea party) have taken the House..*whew*

maybe we can slow down a bit and take a breath...
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:15:56 am »

all and all I am very happy with the way things have come out in the elections.

all the elections I really care about went my way and we have the House!!

bye bye Pelosi!
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:45:06 pm »

Repubs seem to have gained 6-7 Senate seats - NV and WV going for the Dems were heartbreakers - not enough seats gained for control, but enough to prevent cloture and filibuster anything Obama tries to push thru.

Gained 61-65 House seats, which make it the 3rd biggest gain in the House in all US history. A Tsunami! Nancy Pelosi will have to give up her precious gavel.

Gained 8 Governorships and control of 19 State legislatures, and increased Repub margins in many more. (very important for redistricting)

All in all, 2010 is a Republican year. and of special note, just about all the states in the old "rust belt" now have Republican governors.

truly, this was a massive repudiation of the Democrat party and Obama in particular
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 02:21:13 pm »

I'm happy to see that PA has become a red state. I'm happy to see Republicans in control of the House. I'm VERY happy and proud of myself that I jumped in and helped make this happen.

Most striking here was the race for Governor. Tom Corbett got 55% of the vote. This race was most important for David and I because Corbett's tax and business stimulation policies will be very good for us if he is able to get them implemented. With Republicans in control of the State legislature, I don't see a problem.

Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 02:28:35 pm »

BTW, 15% of Democrats, and 59% of Independents voted for Corbett.
Report Spam   Logged
MustLoveDogs
dog lover

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 09:00:10 pm »

LOL!!!! Good going, Brad. Smiley

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,48160.230.html
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 09:04:45 pm »

Grin Grin

hey, they have gloated over their victories enough...

did any Republican incumbents lose?
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 09:05:23 pm »

where is Bill? we need a recap!
Report Spam   Logged
MustLoveDogs
dog lover

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 09:18:46 pm »

He's probably pining away since SC won't use her precious time to debate with him anymore. Smiley (NOT) Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »

He's probably pining away since SC won't use her precious time to debate with him anymore. Smiley (NOT) Tongue

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged
bradINblue

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 11:10:03 pm »

Thanks Shasta. It's funny. Those BM loudmouths aren't saying much about the outcome but they sure had lots to say during the campaign and post 2008 elections. They prefer to discuss loosing weight instead of LOOSING their liberal way. And Wheezy couldn't even accept the blowout in Kentucky. She claimed, once Paul was given the race shortly after polling closed (even MSNBC ilk gave it to him), that they weren't correct since the "rural vote" hadn't been counted yet. I wonder if it even occurred to her that Kentucky is a rural state? Oh well. O'Donnell got her ass handed to her, and that's about the only victory Jeff can drum up.

Brad
Report Spam   Logged

The Maker keeps making but I finally broke through. I love you Steve.
Nevermore

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 02:54:17 am »

Thanks Shasta. It's funny. Those BM loudmouths aren't saying much about the outcome but they sure had lots to say during the campaign and post 2008 elections. They prefer to discuss loosing weight instead of LOOSING their liberal way. And Wheezy couldn't even accept the blowout in Kentucky. She claimed, once Paul was given the race shortly after polling closed (even MSNBC ilk gave it to him), that they weren't correct since the "rural vote" hadn't been counted yet. I wonder if it even occurred to her that Kentucky is a rural state? Oh well. O'Donnell got her ass handed to her, and that's about the only victory Jeff can drum up.

Brad

And as we all know, rural areas tend to be hotbeds of liberalism, eh? But then, what else to expect from a woman who argued for several pages with AJ about the armed forces being a Democratic bastion Roll Eyes?
I wish we could count on that "rural vote" to swing the other way for Dino Rossi in Washington State, but the last time I checked, Patty Murray's lead was widening. albeit by a slim margin. It wouldn't bum me out of she held onto her seat, my real wish was that the state legislature was taken from the spendaholic Dems over by the GOP, which it has been, and all the initiatives went the sensible direction, which they mostly did, except for the liquor privatization measure, that one really surprised me, guess I'll keep driving to Oregon to buy my booze!
On the drive home I was listening to the radio and there was the Governor warning about all the programs that would have to be cut (you could almost her lip trembling) and wondering out loud if the voters knew what they were doing, and you know, I'm not a Republican or Tea Party-er, but that whole attitude that the ignorant voters need to be saved from themselves was what led me to vote a nearly straight Republican ticket for the first time.
They really think we don't get it, but they're the ones who don't get it--the state is broke, but we had measures floated before us to raid the general fund to give a green makeover to a number of schools (all in the Seattle area, naturellement) and recalculate the state's debt by factoring projected monies from the fed that may or may not arrive. Then they blew a golden opportunity to generate revenue by auctioning off liquor licenses (like they did in other states that went private)--these people can't figure any way to raise money except by raising taxes, and Seattle has been sucking the rest of the state dry for years.
The King County Sheriff was making dire predictions about having to lay off eighteen deputies because voters there refused to raise the sales tax (which is now nearly 10%, one of the highest in the nation), and then next news item was about a multimillion-dollar construction project getting underway to repair a bike trail and there was concern that there was no alternate route for the yuppies to take from their waterfront condos in Ballard to their jobs at the UW.
A. Bike. Trail.
But no, the voters are too dumb to realize what they're voting for, mmm-hmmm.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum