The Retreat
April 17, 2024, 11:51:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Cover up: UN tries to erase failed climate refugee prediction

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cover up: UN tries to erase failed climate refugee prediction  (Read 161 times)
injest
Administrator

« on: April 18, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »

http://asiancorrespondent.com/52560/cover-up-un-tries-to-erase-failed-climate-refugee-prediction/

The United Nations Environment Programme has tried to erase one of its glaring failed predictions about climate refugees by removing a a map from its website purporting to show where 50 million climate refugees will come from by 2010.

After Asian Correspondent reviewed its findings earlier this week, the story has been linked to by websites around the world such as Investor News, American Spectator and was referred to in yesterday’s Australian newspaper and even got a mention on Fox News.

However, the website which is maintained by GRID-Arendal, an official United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) collaborating centre, has now deleted the map.

What’s more, the error message dishonestly claims:

Dear visitor, it seems like the map you are navigating by is maybe not fully up-to-date, or that it might have an error in it, or is it that your GPS is not loaded with the correct data?

However, if you are quick, you may yet be able to download a copy via google cache here.

In 2007, UN Under-Secretary General and Head of the UNEP, Achim Steiner told a conference in Africa:

So I have initiated a number of reforms that will begin in the next few weeks.

Some however have already begun in terms of looking at how we can improve the transparency and accountability of this institution

He also received the Steiger Award for straight-forwardness, honesty, fairness and helpfulness.

Is the deletion of this map without adequate explanation an example of Mr Steiner’s transparency and accountability? I will be emailing him to seek a response.

Thanks are due to US blogger, Aaron Worthing from Patterico’s Pontification for alerting me to the UN’s deceit. Aaron has also taken some screen shots of the map the UN doesn’t want you to see, which I have attempted to replicate below. To leave no doubt about what the map shows, it is titled “Fifty million climate refugees by 2010″.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CoyotePiper

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:20:19 pm »

This was difficult at first for me to understand. But after reading the links and the further embedded links it turns out to be damning evidence of more global warming coverups.

Why is there no mention of this in the national media? Am I missing this coverage? Is the national media complicit in covering up the coverup? This smacks of more East Anglia style shenanigans.

If it wasn't so sad  and dangerous to our national policy, it would be funny. The areas of the world which were supposed to be underwater by now and which were supposed to be depopulated are in fact growing in population by leaps and bounds.
What does the UN do? Simply change the dates. Instead of this happening in 2010 it now will happen in 2020. How can these people publish this false data and not be challenged by the national media?

Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 06:44:34 am »

This was difficult at first for me to understand. But after reading the links and the further embedded links it turns out to be damning evidence of more global warming coverups.

Why is there no mention of this in the national media? Am I missing this coverage? Is the national media complicit in covering up the coverup? This smacks of more East Anglia style shenanigans.

If it wasn't so sad  and dangerous to our national policy, it would be funny. The areas of the world which were supposed to be underwater by now and which were supposed to be depopulated are in fact growing in population by leaps and bounds.
What does the UN do? Simply change the dates. Instead of this happening in 2010 it now will happen in 2020. How can these people publish this false data and not be challenged by the national media?

exactly...follow the money. The people pushing the new 'green technology' are making money hand over fist (look at Al Gore) and GE owns ABC I believe...all those people are in bed together. (GE has very close ties to the White House)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum