The Retreat
April 19, 2024, 08:18:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATTENTION AJ WHEREVER YOU ARE

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION AJ WHEREVER YOU ARE  (Read 310 times)
Nevermore

« on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:30 pm »

Amended 1/4/12 because I realized you need to be a member to access the Chat and you deleted your membership, so...trying to think like AJ...if you do check in anonymously now and then, I suspect it's in "Modern Manhood," because we had soooo many discussions about that, got kicked off two other forums over it, and it's where Milo is most active, and I recall how much you admire Milo [note, Hey Milo, wassup!]. So I am putting my shout-out here, and hoping you see it.

Should you ever decide to get back in touch in the real world, you can find me at the reserve readiness center for my former branch of Service Wink Wink  in a very large southwestern state where the governor is running for PresidentWink Wink in a city famous for that historical monument that we all REMEMBER Wink Wink.   
Crow 

Hey AJ, I don't know if you ever check the forums anonymously--I've pretty much dropped off the boards myself, having had a busy year moving and making that big career change we talked about (over to the dark side, ha-ha). It was a time and a place....
It was just about five years ago that I came across your story, Roots, over on LiveJournal, and sent you that email that had a lot to do with steering me on the course I'm on today--you were a big, big part of that. I know I'm not the only one whose life you impacted in a major way, or who felt the rug had been pulled from beneath them when you vanished from the boards last spring.
I wonder if you know how big a hole you left? I'm not reproaching you, I know you had good reasons, a lot of us hold different pieces of the puzzle. I just want you to know you are remembered and missed, and wherever you are, I hope you're safe and well with "Tony" by your side.
Should you ever decide to resurface, I have every confidence that you'll find those people with whom you want to renew contact with very little difficulty. 

Crow
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:20:15 pm »

I stickyed this so it will stay at the top of Modern Manhood, Crow.
Report Spam   Logged
Nevermore

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:28:10 pm »

Oh, thank-you Jess! I'm pretty sure he lurks,  just a feeling I have. Every now and then I will come across something that makes me think of Roots, a reference he put in there, like a character's name or a location. He wrote about Rich's father losing his horse to an Indian at San Saba, and I was just up in San Saba last week; there was a ranch hand named Cavender on the Nevada ranch where Earl meets Rich, and I just bought a pair of boots with my coupon at Cavender's Boots here in town.
But maybe it's just a coincidence. Hee-hee.
Report Spam   Logged
Nevermore

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:30:05 pm »

Happy New Year, y'all. Gotta go unload groceries now.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 09:46:20 pm »

Oh, thank-you Jess! I'm pretty sure he lurks,  just a feeling I have. Every now and then I will come across something that makes me think of Roots, a reference he put in there, like a character's name or a location. He wrote about Rich's father losing his horse to an Indian at San Saba, and I was just up in San Saba last week; there was a ranch hand named Cavender on the Nevada ranch where Earl meets Rich, and I just bought a pair of boots with my coupon at Cavender's Boots here in town.
But maybe it's just a coincidence. Hee-hee.

maybe... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:39:31 pm »

CROOOOOOOOWWWW!!!

Good to see you around again. Happy New Year, and take care of yourself.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum