The Retreat
April 19, 2024, 12:35:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

26 Love Stories

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 Love Stories  (Read 97 times)
Milo
Global Moderator

« on: January 23, 2012, 05:41:38 pm »

OUT Magazine has done an issue on relationships for February. They did interviews on 26 couples. Some of them are nicely written, others not so much. Some of the articles were about people in open relationships, and you all know how what I think about that. My favorite is the story of choreographer Bill T. Jones (with whom I took some dance classes one summer), and sculptor Bjorn Amelan. Bill's take on same-sex marriage is similar to mine:

The idea of gay marriage... We thought about it 15 years ago. We went to Maya Angelou; in fact, she was going to officiate. Now that it’s possible, we look at ourselves and say, “Yeah, we’ll get around to it. We will get married.” Maybe it’s the best way.

If we get married, it’s for the legal reasons. I don’t feel a need for it emotionally. I love him with all of my heart. Marriage is a public acknowledgment. And doing this is more a part of that. So, in a way, in this article, I guess we’re saying, “I do thee wed -- in the public imagination.” Yeah.

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2012/01/13/neil-patrick-harris-david-burtka-denis-ohare-bill-t-jones-josh-seefried#slide-17
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:03:26 pm »

OUT Magazine has done an issue on relationships for February. They did interviews on 26 couples. Some of them are nicely written, others not so much. Some of the articles were about people in open relationships, and you all know how what I think about that. My favorite is the story of choreographer Bill T. Jones (with whom I took some dance classes one summer), and sculptor Bjorn Amelan. Bill's take on same-sex marriage is similar to mine:

The idea of gay marriage... We thought about it 15 years ago. We went to Maya Angelou; in fact, she was going to officiate. Now that it’s possible, we look at ourselves and say, “Yeah, we’ll get around to it. We will get married.” Maybe it’s the best way.

If we get married, it’s for the legal reasons. I don’t feel a need for it emotionally. I love him with all of my heart. Marriage is a public acknowledgment. And doing this is more a part of that. So, in a way, in this article, I guess we’re saying, “I do thee wed -- in the public imagination.” Yeah.

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2012/01/13/neil-patrick-harris-david-burtka-denis-ohare-bill-t-jones-josh-seefried#slide-17

very interesting articles...will be passing it along if it hasn't already hit their email..
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:14:53 am »

Merci Milo!

That is interesting!

May I ask more information?

Au revoir,
hugs! This January 24th and 25th 2012, Langdonart paintings are at the The Artists Alley, 863 Mission Street, Across Bloomingdales Mall, Between 4th & 5th Streets, in San Francisco, California 415 522 2440 / 415 259 6584 www.langdonart.com Please ask to see them and do tell: ontart@yahoo.ca
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:18:17 am »

Merci Milo!

That is interesting!

May I ask more information?

That's all I know. We'll have to buy the magazine, or subscribe to the online version to read the rest of the profiles.
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:01:12 am »

Merci Milo!

Thanks for you info.

Maybe someone will tell us more here?

Au revoir,
hugs!
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire