The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 01:04:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Martians Left the Lights On??

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Martians Left the Lights On??  (Read 353 times)
injest
Administrator

« on: April 09, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/04/08/mystery-light-spotted-in-mars-photo/

hey, I am not really in the mood to hunt down anything too serious...although I was delighted to hear Gohmert pinning Holder's ears back...so here's a news story I found.

Cheesy Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:48:50 pm »

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/science/space/bright-blips-mars-pictures-spark-buzz-among-ufo-fans-n74261

here's some pics, well you gotta click on them but they show the left AND the right side photos taken those two days.

devils advocate: it is possible that if the light was far enough away, something might have blocked if from the left side, AND it is odd that the light appeared on two different days...if there was a problem with the camera, the 'light' would be in ALL the photos, not just these two.

Report Spam   Logged
MagicM

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:02:09 am »

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/science/space/bright-blips-mars-pictures-spark-buzz-among-ufo-fans-n74261

here's some pics, well you gotta click on them but they show the left AND the right side photos taken those two days.

devils advocate: it is possible that if the light was far enough away, something might have blocked if from the left side, AND it is odd that the light appeared on two different days...if there was a problem with the camera, the 'light' would be in ALL the photos, not just these two.

Very intriguing - it is hoped to  launch a manned craft Mars in around 30 years - so that's a fair while to wait before they check it out!
Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 06:55:23 am »

Very intriguing - it is hoped to  launch a manned craft Mars in around 30 years - so that's a fair while to wait before they check it out!

well, some people are upset that NASA doesn't seem all that interested in alien life or else they'd have the rover head that direction and check it out now. I mean, what's it doing now? testing soil samples? it can do that just as well over by where the 'light' is as where it is now. And if it IS a 'shiney' rock, wouldn't that be an interesting thing to examine? I would think you would WANT to see different materials if you were exploring a new place. Heck it could be GOLD or something and start a gold rush that gets us there in a year or two! LOL!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum