The Retreat
April 20, 2024, 07:51:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

"If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that."

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that."  (Read 211 times)
MagicM

« on: July 17, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »

How much coverage did this statement by Obama get in the US msm?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/07/15/obama_if_youve_got_a_business_you_didnt_build_that_someone_else_made_that_happen.html
Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:21:38 am »

not much, the conservative talk show people have been talking it up but they're talking to the choir, whether there are still enough people in the country that believe in working for a living to get rid of him is anyone's guess.

it is disheartening that there are so many in this country that are just eaten up with jealousy and avarice but are unwilling to work for what they want. It is disheartening to realize we have people in power today that will feed that envy and laziness to retain power. What kind of country do they expect to have, teaching and encouraging dependency and hatred over traditional values of hard work and independence?

the roads are available to everyone. the police is available to anyone..the teachers, the firefighters, the utilities...so the ones that don't use them to make their own way have no one to blame but themselves..

but of course that feeds into the Dems meme of 'you coulda been someone except for whatever disability or disadvantage you imagine you have'

there are a handful of people that are truly disabled and I believe in taking care of them but most people are not.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 07:27:57 am »

not to mention the fact that people don't think very logically. Some person, born to a welfare mother and growing up on welfare did not pay to have the roads built. They have already used up way more than they ever have paid in taxes. A good percentage of people don't pay taxes at all but still imagine 'their' money is going to pay for things.

They don't bother to educate themselves on the way things are financed.

Report Spam   Logged
huntinbuddy

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »

How much coverage did this statement by Obama get in the US msm?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/07/15/obama_if_youve_got_a_business_you_didnt_build_that_someone_else_made_that_happen.html

The MSM barely covered it, but I guarantee it will be brought up in some up-coming ads!
Report Spam   Logged
MagicM

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:08:32 am »

The MSM barely covered it, but I guarantee it will be brought up in some up-coming ads!

Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope
injest
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:43:19 am »

Glenn Beck had a hilarious piece on this yesterday>

Did you think that Steve Jobs invented the Iphone? well you are wrong, it was Elm Street at Fourth!

Stu, his producer, was confused because he had heard it was the power plant that invented it.

but turns out the power plant had come up the theory of relativity...the Iphone was definitely invented by Elm and Fourth.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 03:07:37 pm »

One of my favorites is that "we" created the middle class. His history is skewed. The Industrial Revolution is primarily responsible for the creation of the middle class.

I also suppose that BHO would say that I owe my performing career to society at large. Sure, I learned how to play and sing music in public school. I also learned to speak German in public school. But that is not enough to create a professional opera singer. That takes getting out there on your own and taking advanced courses at institutions of higher learning. That takes years of listening and watching the great opera singers of our time, and of the past to learn the craft. It takes being born with a vocal mechanism that is capable of creating an operatic sound, and the character traits to want to get up on stage and use that sound. It takes having enough business sense to deal with agents.

If all I got was what was available via the public sector, I would never have made a dollar on the operatic stage. Now, I am more than happy to thank my parents, grandparents, etc. for raising me to be hard-headed enough to pursue performing arts. I'm more than happy to thank my public school, and private teachers for the foundation. But I'm the one who had to build something on that foundation. "Society" didn't do that for me, for Steve Jobs, for Donald Trump, or anyone else out there who has ever had even a modicum of success.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »

One of my favorites is that "we" created the middle class. His history is skewed. The Industrial Revolution is primarily responsible for the creation of the middle class.

I also suppose that BHO would say that I owe my performing career to society at large. Sure, I learned how to play and sing music in public school. I also learned to speak German in public school. But that is not enough to create a professional opera singer. That takes getting out there on your own and taking advanced courses at institutions of higher learning. That takes years of listening and watching the great opera singers of our time, and of the past to learn the craft. It takes being born with a vocal mechanism that is capable of creating an operatic sound, and the character traits to want to get up on stage and use that sound. It takes having enough business sense to deal with agents.

If all I got was what was available via the public sector, I would never have made a dollar on the operatic stage. Now, I am more than happy to thank my parents, grandparents, etc. for raising me to be hard-headed enough to pursue performing arts. I'm more than happy to thank my public school, and private teachers for the foundation. But I'm the one who had to build something on that foundation. "Society" didn't do that for me, for Steve Jobs, for Donald Trump, or anyone else out there who has ever had even a modicum of success.

exactly...look at all the other kids in your school that took classes with you. Where are they? are they opera singers? why not? If all it takes is the infrastructure then why aren't they?
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:09:15 pm »

exactly...look at all the other kids in your school that took classes with you. Where are they? are they opera singers? why not? If all it takes is the infrastructure then why aren't they?

Between marching band, jazz band, orchestra, chorus, a couple other vocal groups, and the annual school musical, my high school had about 200 students involved in performing arts the year I was graduated. Figure about 50 students per graduating class. Of all the other students in my high school graduating class, there were only 2 of us that went into college as music majors...a trumpet player and me. He became a band director in a public school district. As far as I know, we are the only 2 students in our class that ended up taking performing arts to a professional level.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »

Between marching band, jazz band, orchestra, chorus, a couple other vocal groups, and the annual school musical, my high school had about 200 students involved in performing arts the year I was graduated. Figure about 50 students per graduating class. Of all the other students in my high school graduating class, there were only 2 of us that went into college as music majors...a trumpet player and me. He became a band director in a public school district. As far as I know, we are the only 2 students in our class that ended up taking performing arts to a professional level.

but how can that be? I mean, it couldn't be anything YOU did, according to Obama...they deserve the same things you have! You stole your position!

how dare you work longer hours, practice and put your money into trying to be all snobby!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

hard to believe that there are so many people willing to believe that crap, Milo...they used to be ashamed to admit to that much jealousy and avarice..they are trying to spin Obama's comments as a 'gaffe' but it can't be a gaffe if several Democrats repeat it over and over. This is word for word what Elizabeth Warren claimed a few months ago.

and isn't it curious that there seems to be soooo little interest in politics this year over on the Bittermost? I guess it isn't as much fun when your little messiah has a real actual record to run on.

Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:02 pm »

but how can that be? I mean, it couldn't be anything YOU did, according to Obama...they deserve the same things you have! You stole your position!

how dare you work longer hours, practice and put your money into trying to be all snobby!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It was the black kids that used to get in my face. Oh...according to them, the only reason I was getting into the extra-curricular programs was because I was kissing white ass, and acting white just to make them think I was OK.

This is word for word what Elizabeth Warren claimed a few months ago.

I wasn't aware of that.

and isn't it curious that there seems to be soooo little interest in politics this year over on the Bittermost? I guess it isn't as much fun when your little messiah has a real actual record to run on.

Obama's accomplishments amount the Messianic equivalent of healing a few people of head-colds and paper-cuts.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 10:40:56 pm »

It was the black kids that used to get in my face. Oh...according to them, the only reason I was getting into the extra-curricular programs was because I was kissing white ass, and acting white just to make them think I was OK.

I wasn't aware of that.

Obama's accomplishments amount the Messianic equivalent of healing a few people of head-colds and paper-cuts.

September 2011

"Nobody in this country got rich on his own! You brought your goods to market on roads we paid for!"

it's NOT a gaffe, it is a rare moment of telling the truth. It is what the current Democrat leadership believes.
Report Spam   Logged
huntinbuddy

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 10:41:14 pm »

I love the discussion here, and agree.
Report Spam   Logged
huntinbuddy

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 10:48:05 pm »

September 2011

"Nobody in this country got rich on his own! You brought your goods to market on roads we paid for!"

it's NOT a gaffe, it is a rare moment of telling the truth. It is what the current Democrat leadership believes.

Oh what a piece of work she is.   Is it any wonder she was the chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel created to oversee the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP) in 2008.   Gawd, it's like the blind leading the blind.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:20 pm »

Oh what a piece of work she is.   Is it any wonder she was the chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel created to oversee the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP) in 2008.   Gawd, it's like the blind leading the blind.  Roll Eyes

she lied on her college application. Claimed to be a "Native American"...Cherokee to be exact...turns out her ancestors were the people in charge of the Trail of Tears, KILLING Cherokee..

and they will reelect her to Congress... Roll Eyes Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum