The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 06:20:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Inauguration image from Facebook

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inauguration image from Facebook  (Read 219 times)
Milo
Global Moderator

« on: January 22, 2013, 05:08:48 pm »

This has been making the rounds today. It was originally posted on the Keith Olbermann Fan Page.

While I have no doubt that MLK would be happy to see a black man as POTUS, I'm not so sure he'd be happy with Obama's policies or performance.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

huntinbuddy

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:26 pm »

While I have no doubt that MLK would be happy to see a black man as POTUS, I'm not so sure he'd be happy with Obama's policies or performance.

I tried to avoid as much of the news yesterday as possible, as Washington politics is not my cup of tea.  However, I found it interesting that the once powerful magazine Newsweek, which now is nothing more than an internet tabloid, ran the headline, "the Second Coming", in reference to Obama's second term.

Actor Jamie Foxx called President Obama “our Lord and Savior” during a recent television appearance.    Florida A&M professor Barbara Thompson published a book titled “The Gospel According to Apostle Barack.” The book likens Obama to Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Marcus Tullius Cicero regarding the danger of internal subversion. In a speech to the Roman Senate, as recorded by Sallust, Cicero said:

"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within.  An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city.  But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.  For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.  He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.  A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."

Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

I tried to avoid as much of the news yesterday as possible, as Washington politics is not my cup of tea.  However, I found it interesting that the once powerful magazine Newsweek, which now is nothing more than an internet tabloid, ran the headline, "the Second Coming", in reference to Obama's second term.

Actor Jamie Foxx called President Obama “our Lord and Savior” during a recent television appearance.    Florida A&M professor Barbara Thompson published a book titled “The Gospel According to Apostle Barack.” The book likens Obama to Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Marcus Tullius Cicero regarding the danger of internal subversion. In a speech to the Roman Senate, as recorded by Sallust, Cicero said:

"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within.  An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city.  But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.  For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.  He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.  A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."

this is exactly who Obama is...he appeals to the greed and jealousy of his followers; all the base emotions. He doesn't raise people up, he seeks only to tear people down.
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:35:17 am »

Merci Huntin!

You do add good news!

"the Second Coming", 
next is the 3rd Obama coming danger ? -
as he will continue to break the USA constitution so that the United States will become only an islamic country, some kind of dictatorship as some muslims countries are today passing as democratic (free)...
and blinding and taking over many others?

Au revoir,
hugs!
www.langdonart.com
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37:24 am »

Merci Injess!

this is exactly who Obama is...he appeals to the greed and jealousy of his followers; all the base emotions. He doesn't raise people up, he seeks only to tear people down       

You are right... as Obama blinds people!

What is next?

Au revoir,
hugs!

www.langdonart.com
Report Spam   Logged
huntinbuddy

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 09:12:07 pm »

I've been so sick the past week plus with a nasty cold, but am feeling much better now.

I didn't get to watch the coronation — sorry; inauguration — of Emperor Barack the Magnificent I — sorry; President Barack (don’t say “Hussein”) Obama. As he recited the oath of office for the second time in as many days (he took the “official” oath in the Oval Office on Sunday)

Obama, has made it clear that he thinks as highly of the Constitution as I do of The New York Times, placed his hand on not one but two copies of the Bible — one belonging to Martin Luther King Jr. and the other belonging to President Abraham Lincoln.

Obama — who believes he can overrule the 2nd Amendment by what amounts to imperial fiat; Obama, who endorsed Attorney General Eric Holder before, during and after Holder’s criminal mendacity regarding Operation Fast and Furious; Obama, whose nationalization of the Nation’s health held down the Interstate Commerce Clause and beat the justice out of it; Obama, who brazenly lied (and still lies) to the country about the Benghazi, Libya, massacre — literally swore to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” on an actual stack of Bibles.

He floated through the oath with such ease; it was almost enough to keep us from noticing that Beyonce lip-synched the national anthem. He thrilled the assembled throng with his plans for the coming years, including more debt, more war and less of something he referred to as “climate change.” I believe that might be the current moniker for the hoax formerly known as “global warming” and even more formerly known as “global cooling,” although normal people just call it “weather.” He demanded an end to partisanship, “We cannot… treat name-calling as reasoned debate,” while his minions booed Representative Paul Ryan. And he even worked in some material about a new dedication to immigration amnesty, which will probably grant citizenship to every Tomas, Diego and Javier south of the Rio Grande.

Only a man with absolutely no regard for the Bible and the Constitution could treat them both so shabbily. Only a man with absolute faith in himself could immediately turn to his minions and murder the truth so casually. And only a congregation mostly comprised of people who have either abandoned or forgotten the lessons of both of the aforementioned texts could cheer him on.

The liberal deification of Obama violates not only the 1st Amendment, but the first commandment. We don’t recognize a monarch in this country. We don’t have a national deity either — ask any liberal, if you can get him to stop whining about prayer in schools long enough to listen. The man I saw take the oath of office believes he’s both.

Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:26 pm »

but Charles, dear..he included GAYS in this speech!! doesn't that forgive him anything? Does ANYTHING else really matter? come on...
Report Spam   Logged
huntinbuddy

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 09:59:05 pm »

but Charles, dear..he included GAYS in this speech!! doesn't that forgive him anything? Does ANYTHING else really matter? come on...

To me the economy matters.  Who cares who I sleep with in bed, if I can't afford the bed to sleep in?

Nothing is being done to address the deficit.  It is spending as usual.   And I'm sure there are quite a few backs out there that have to be scratched for this re-election.   Another $4 trillion will be added by spring.   We are headed to a calamity.
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 01:04:17 am »

Who cares who I sleep with in bed, if I can't afford the bed to sleep in?

Hi-5!!!

What makes me scratch my head is how much time, energy, and resources the Gay Party puts into same-sex marriage when there are no protections against job or housing discrimination against sexual minorities. If/When they win their battle, we can marry anyone we want, but we might be having our honeymoons in a cardboard box under a bridge. Yet, we'd be "equal."
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 08:05:54 am »

Merci Injess,

As you are teasing Huntin with
, - you Injess also know that Obama is abusing some as too many gays since Obama-the-Empereur needs homosexuals in the armed forces to do his dirty job of anti-USA because heterosexuals (refusing to be in the Armed USA Forces) see Obama as he is like a dictator for Islamic-control muslim radicals of the USA and other democratcies and for other terrants like China-crap/Russian terror etc. as that camouflages Obama's human slavery he intends now to pass as free citizens the 15 millions or more illegals in the USA to become pardonned!

What do you think Injess?

Au revoir,
hugs!
www.langdonart.com
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 08:18:45 am »

Merci Huntin,

I think that you are totally correct when you say:
  Only a man with absolutely no regard for the Bible and the Constitution could treat them both so shabbily. Only a man with absolute faith in himself could immediately turn to his minions and murder the truth so casually. And only a congregation mostly comprised of people who have either abandoned or forgotten the lessons of both of the aforementioned texts could cheer him on.

The liberal deification of Obama violates not only the 1st Amendment, but the first commandment. We don’t recognize a monarch in this country. We don’t have a national deity either — ask any liberal, if you can get him to stop whining about prayer in schools long enough to listen. The man I saw take the oath of office believes he’s both.

If Obama had respect for humanity, he would not accpet muslim radical who murder in the name of a so-called religion as they are just thugs, as being anti-homosexuals, anti-female freedom too and even anti-muslims who are peaceful because they cut off hands of muslims who refuse to do what these criminal-thugs order!!!

Obama yesterday ordered that women be in combat roles in the USA armed forces; is  that freedom for such women or is that mainly because Obama is duping again civility in the USA in order to gain more control and destroy furtherly the USA Constitution? Obama the con artist must have which thought to do this now - but wanting to be re-elected a 3rd time?

This issue of women in front combat roles in the USA Armed Forces is now law, but will Obama now do the same and allow homosexual marriages as he has an Office and could surely do so without allowing only the states to vote on such an issue? - as the USA Constitution was created for FREEDOM of LIBERTY as for HUMANITY?

What do you think?

Au revoir,
hugs!
www.langdonart.com

Au revoir,
hugs!
www.langdonart.com
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 08:33:10 am »

Merci Milo,

As you state:
   there are no protections against job or housing discrimination against sexual minorities     
, you know that likely homosexual marriages will allow such protections in the USA as it did in Canada after homosexual marriages became law even when the provinces refused? That FEDERAL Canada law for homosexual marriages and protection reigns now over the provinces (like states in the USA)

Can that become so as to protect gays that way in the USA?

Obama so far seems to like the idea of homosexual unions ONLY - That way Obama (the con) gained many gays to vote for him and also straight bleeding hearts to vote again for him??? Obama did say more than once that marriages were for heterosexuals ONLY, as that was his opinion! Therefore, Obama is maybe two faced here - as on both sides of the fence to gain votes and do nothing to advance and resolve the issue? Maybe Obama favours homosexual unions only like France passed that law a few years ago, but that is unsufficiant for protection of rights which should be (as you suggest if I understand you right) to be included with it; France now wants to pass a homosexual marriage law! You get the differences Milo and others???

Au revoir,
hugs!
www.langdonart.com
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:37 am »

You all bring good points.

I think that you all would help by listing the protections which are need.

Au revoir,
hugs!
www.langdonart.com

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum