The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 07:20:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Any interest in an ABCs game?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in an ABCs game?  (Read 263 times)
Mrs. H
ABC Table Boss

« on: June 08, 2009, 01:00:42 pm »

Injest has talked to me about possibly starting an ABCs game here.  I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in playing.

The topic of the game is still undecided.  I've thought about an "ABCs of Barack Hussein Obama" since he's in the news -- a lot -- and will be for quite some time.

I'm also thought about an "ABCs of U.S. Politics" game, which would be much broader in scope.  If we went with this one, we could have themed rounds based on whichever politician/political issue was in the news.

I've also thought about an "ABCs of Twilight" game, based on the movie and the first book in the series, but I have a feeling I'd be playing that one by myself.  LOL

If we do go with the Obama or politics game, the posts would have to be based on facts, not personal opinion.  I would expect a respectful game, not a cesspool of snarky digs.  I would expect politicians to be referred to by their actual names (not Dubya or Nobama or The One but Bush and Obama).  I would also expect the political parties to be referred to as the Republican Party (the Republicans) and the Democratic Party (the Democrats). There would be no:  

"N" is Nobama
I think Nobama is a fool.  (This is an opinion and not allowed and "Nobama" should be "Obama" in this instance.)

However, someone could post:

"N" is Nobama
Conservative talk radio host Mark Levin often calls Obama "Barack Milhous Nobama."  (This is a fact.)

"D" is Democrat
Rush Limbaugh typically refers to the party of the Democrats as the "Democrat Party."  (another fact)

I'm hoping that if anyone would be offended by, say, the "N" and "D" posts above, they would get mad at Mark Levin or Rush Limbaugh, not the person including a factual statement in their post.  (See the difference?)

I'm hoping our politicians' words and actions would speak for themselves. We would not be allowed to state our personal political views.  There'd be no:  "I think...."  "I believe...."  "I did not vote for..."  "I am opposed to..." The game would be facts, just the facts.

So what do you think?  Is this even doable?

Or do you have a different subject for an ABCs game?  Let me know.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:34:14 pm by Mrs. H » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:29:52 pm »

I'll play!!!

I will give you permission to edit posts later!!
Herr are you in??!
Report Spam   Logged
Mrs. H
ABC Table Boss

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 03:56:15 pm »

I'll play!!!

The ABCs of Twilight?  (fingers crossed)   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 05:08:57 pm »

I'm a player! (in this sense,for sure!) let's do it!
Report Spam   Logged
Mrs. H
ABC Table Boss

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:06:57 pm »

Jess and HK you need to state your topic preference.

Will it be Obama or U.S. politics... (or Twilight)?  LOL
Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:29:10 pm »

US policies may be the broadest to allow for inclusion of obama additions and whatever twilight is!
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 06:29:49 pm »

Jess and HK you need to state your topic preference.

Will it be Obama or U.S. politics... (or Twilight)?  LOL

would it be too confusing to have two games going??

Report Spam   Logged
Mrs. H
ABC Table Boss

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 06:49:44 pm »

would it be too confusing to have two games going??

Two ABCs games would be confusing, I think, especially if they were started at around the same time, because there would be two "words played" lists -- and people might be checking the wrong list (and I could see myself entering words on the wrong list, too).
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 06:55:55 pm »

Two ABCs games would be confusing, I think, especially if they were started at around the same time, because there would be two "words played" lists -- and people might be checking the wrong list (and I could see myself entering words on the wrong list, too).

hmmm...ok, well since Herrkaiser isnt' familiar with the movie, we probably should start with politics...

(and the NEW movie is coming out....we could start the "Twilight" ABCs when it does!)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum