The Retreat
March 29, 2024, 12:55:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

5 Reasons Why You Guys Are Still Single

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Reasons Why You Guys Are Still Single  (Read 674 times)
injest
Administrator

« on: August 09, 2009, 09:13:46 am »

http://food.yahoo.com/blog/foxyfestivities/10309/5-reasons-why-you-guys-are-still-single/

Do you find yourself wondering why most of your buddies have steady dates, yet you can barely secure a first date, let alone a second (and, playing a regular game of Mahjong and Canasta with your grandparents and their friends doesn't count)? Guys, if so, it's time to ask yourself a few Foxy questions...

Do you... have a problem with eye contact?  Even if you love everything about this other person, it won't matter, if you can't take your eyes off their body parts. They'll likely think you're out for one thing, or that you're just kind of creepy. Sure, they might be wearing something revealing, but that's no excuse to stare all night long. Get a grip and get comfortable with eye contact, which creates a much better bond.

Do you... eat like a caveman? Utensils are there for a reason -- so you can eat like a gentleman. Shoveling food into your mouth is not something you should subject your date to. Same goes for talking while chewing. Not only is it unpleasant to watch at a time when your job is to be easy on the eyes, it's a red flag that says you're a little short on self-awareness -- an important characteristic in a mate.

Do you... trim your toenails?  Not that your date will necessarily see your toenails right away, but when they do end up eyeballing them, unkept toenails are a guaranteed huge turnoff. It means you don't take care of yourself, and valuing yourself is an important part of a healthy relationship. Plus, let's not forget the damage they can do to the other person's leg when you're snuggling up on the sofa watching movies.

Do you... order "everything on the side" at a restaurant?  In other words, do you order like a girl?  Please don't. Because if your date has to be tortured by, "I'll have the Cobb salad, but no cheese, avocado, or bacon, and dressing on the side, and the pasta, but no oil please, and extra light on the pinenuts," they may be forced to hide under the table or at least wonder what kind of demanding partner you could be. If you have dietary restrictions, do your best, just don't get into what will happen to your belly if you don't follow them.

Do you... assume you're going to strike out?  The Secret said it once but we'll say it again: In a lot of ways, you manifest your own destiny. So, if you have lots of thoughts about being unlucky in love, you may be pushing people away in ways you may not even know. If you assume the worst of the world and yourself, spend a few minutes before your date making a mental list of why you're looking for a relationship and why you are an incredible a catch.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:15:01 am »

you know, now that I think about it....most of the guys on this forum ARE in a relationship, arent' ya'll...
Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 11:20:21 am »

Nope. And it's because there's no men left.

If Milo would open an andro bar, maybe there'd be some good pickins.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 11:26:27 am »

now there's an idea...

good morning!
Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 11:32:01 am »

good morning to you! All my early morning chores done--washed cars, cleaned house, did laundry--so now it's time to head to the office for real work.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 11:37:50 am »

good morning to you! All my early morning chores done--washed cars, cleaned house, did laundry--so now it's time to head to the office for real work.

it's SUNDAY! you are supposed to be resting!
Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 11:38:59 am »

I think I relaxed for a few hours in 1987. That was enough.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 11:44:18 am »

I think I relaxed for a few hours in 1987. That was enough.

ROTF!!!

well I guess that is why you got the nice apartment, all them cars and those trips to Europe!

*Jess propping her feet on the other kitchen chair*

and why I dont'....

Wink

you go! maintain your empire! I'll hold down this chair...well...until all those heathens come in wanting dinner...

holy crap...it's 11:45!!  Shocked Shocked

I gotta get started!
Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 11:50:48 am »

yes! the day is half over; get to work!  Smiley

My place is not an apartment, though; it's a house that's way too big for me. An apartment would be much better!
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 12:45:21 pm »

yes! the day is half over; get to work!  Smiley

My place is not an apartment, though; it's a house that's way too big for me. An apartment would be much better!

oh! I was picturing one of those little apartment/condo thingies...with an upstairs and a downstairs...

isnt' it funny how we have pictures in our heads of what we all are like in real life?
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 03:58:19 pm »

somehow I this seems an echo of an earlier conversation, hunh Jeff?  Grin

I am not sure that these 5 tip pointers above really apply to gay men, gay men mostly have excellent grooming and hygiene.

Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 04:01:59 pm »

somehow I this seems an echo of an earlier conversation, hunh Jeff?  Grin

I am not sure that these 5 tip pointers above really apply to gay men, gay men mostly have excellent grooming and hygiene.

hehehe! Right. Let's encourage Milo!

Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 04:15:52 pm »

hehehe! Right. Let's encourage Milo!

Milo's Andro Bar  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 05:37:44 pm »

sign on the door:

"no women or gays allow"
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 06:05:10 pm »

sign on the door:

"no women or gays allow"

now you are running on thin ice there buddy.

remember the trouble that fellow in Philly got into for just posting a sign that asked customers to speak English when ordering.

I think that the Androphile bar can accomplish its goal by posting the following:

No High Heels
No Glitter

that gets rid of the drag queens, and everything else is cool. when no one pays any attention to the femme gay boys, they will leave. and dykes are cool. they mind their own business and play pool, and have pickup trucks.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum