The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 07:46:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Older women going gay

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Older women going gay  (Read 151 times)
MagicM

« on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:37 pm »

As she launches a new book of feminist essays, psychoanalyst Susie Orbach explains why a strong mother figure predisposes a woman to be gay ....

To embark on a lesbian relationship in one’s sixties, after almost 40 years of a heterosexual partnership (and two grown-up children), would constitute a remarkable development for most women. In Susie Orbach’s world view, however, the change of sexual orientation is simply another stage in our evolution: foetus, puberty, childbirth, menopause, post-heterosexual, death… It is a measure of Orbach’s strength of personality that I sit before her, in the book-lined, light-filled consulting room, accepting this thesis. I don’t bat an eyelid when Orbach argues defiantly that: “As a theorist of women’s psychology, it’s always perplexed me how heterosexuality happens.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/10017981/Im-always-perplexed-as-to-how-heterosexuality-happens....html

I am a ware of numerous instances of older, often married women, taking up with another woman later in life - everyone from female ministers of the cloth to the ex wife of an Australian prime minister to the sister of the current conservative opposition leader.

Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:27:41 pm »

so now its heteorsexuality that is bizarre and unfathomable?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum