The Retreat
April 19, 2024, 02:07:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Civilisation committing suicide

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Civilisation committing suicide  (Read 100 times)
MagicM

« on: December 28, 2013, 09:10:29 pm »

Camille Paglia writes:

"What you're seeing is how a civilization commits suicide," says Camille Paglia. This self-described "notorious Amazon feminist" isn't telling anyone to Lean In or asking Why Women Still Can't Have It All. No, her indictment may be as surprising as it is wide-ranging: The military is out of fashion, Americans undervalue manual labor, schools neuter male students, opinion makers deny the biological differences between men and women, and sexiness is dead. And that's just 20 minutes of our three-hour conversation.

"… She starts by pointing to the diminished status of military service. "The entire elite class now, in finance, in politics and so on, none of them have military service—hardly anyone, there are a few. But there is no prestige attached to it anymore. That is a recipe for disaster," she says. "These people don't think in military ways, so there's this illusion out there that people are basically nice, people are basically kind, if we're just nice and benevolent to everyone they'll be nice too. They literally don't have any sense of evil or criminality.

"Ms. Paglia argues that the softening of modern American society begins as early as kindergarten. "Primary-school education is a crock, basically. It's oppressive to anyone with physical energy, especially guys," she says, pointing to the most obvious example: the way many schools have cut recess. 'They're making a toxic environment for boys. Primary education does everything in its power to turn boys into neuters.'

"Politically correct, inadequate education, along with the decline of America's brawny industrial base, leaves many men with "no models of manhood," she says. "Masculinity is just becoming something that is imitated from the movies. There's nothing left. There's no room for anything manly right now." The only place you can hear what men really feel these days, she claims, is on sports radio."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303997604579240022857012920
Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »

it's mindboggling but every single mother I know and the only set of gay men I know of with boys...every last boy is 'ADHD' and on drugs.

It defies logic that every single boy has ADHD. if it is the norm, it's not a disorder!
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:21:34 pm »

Over at Bittermost, I've been having a conversation about Paglia's TIME magazine article. needless to say, Katherine is firmly of the mind that masculinity is still alive and well, and that any erosion is "miniscule."
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:10:04 pm »

Over at Bittermost, I've been having a conversation about Paglia's TIME magazine article. needless to say, Katherine is firmly of the mind that masculinity is still alive and well, and that any erosion is "miniscule."

well she would, wouldn't she? She had her boys on Ritalin from kindergarten no doubt and complained incessantly about how she was unable to 'control' them...
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 10:49:40 pm »

well she would, wouldn't she? She had her boys on Ritalin from kindergarten no doubt and complained incessantly about how she was unable to 'control' them...

I'm not going to say anything about not having a man around the house.

OK...yes, I am.

My mother understood that children need BOTH a mother and a father. Being that my father was a major fuck-up, she kicked him to the curb when my brothers and I were very young. So she made sure that we spent plenty of time with our grandfather, great-grandfather, and grown male cousins. Once dad sobered up and got re-married, she made sure that we spent time with him too.

I remember family gatherings--usually around the holidays. Whenever the women got together and started engaging in "girl talk" my mother (or grandmother) would tell us to go somewhere and play. But when the men got together and engaged in guy talk, we got to hang out...as long as we were quiet and didn't try to butt into the conversation. The result was that I learned to listen and observe the men. It felt nice to be allowed to be in their presence, but I didn't realize at the time that it was actually a form of nurturing and grooming.

My folks were determined to raise men. I cannot thank them enough.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 07:22:25 am »

well when you consider that she thinks because some football players knit as proof of that...how can you take her seriously? I find her dismissive attitude sooo offputting, I dont' understand the urge to engage her. She is incapable of being sucinct, she insists on writing a three hundred word essay for every response...the woman is too obsessed with her own superiority to be taken seriously.

Well thank you, folks. Point made; case closed. If the most that several people can come up with is a vague memory of some male celebrity over the past 40+ years doing something slightly semi-"feminine" -- needlepoint? ballet? pantyhose? -- I think we can safely conclude that, for now, "masculinity" is not in any imminent danger of collapse due to feminist takeover.

while you are addressing real issues, she's addressing window dressing. Who cares if a man takes ballet....haven't there always been men in ballet? I seem to recall all the way back to childhood men in tights. What I see in the culture is the attitude that men are no longer necessary, a throwback to cavemen days. Boys are being raised to think their purpose in life is to look cute and play video games instead of being raised to be fathers and leaders.  We have more single mothers today and more children being raised in poverty because of those single mothers because boys are being so devalued that they dont see the need to stick around to care for their offspring. This is actually supported BY that 'patriarchy' she decries as so oppressive, but then she turns around and supports the actions of that patriarchy. Ask her about single motherhood and watch her twist herself in a pretzel about how empowering it is to women to be poverty stricken teen moms with no mate to assist them.

They are pathologically unable to see that the policies they push are causing more harm than good. GIVING African Americans better SAT scores equals better education? Well I suppose if someone gives me a feather, I could fly! This is the basic problem that Progressives have, they think if you give someone something..a trophy, a better grade, a 'head start' that somehow that solves the problem. The results are that, as you point out, the ones 'given' the extra grades drop out...which allows the Progressive to then holler that even with 'all we've done' it isnt enough! They never stop to consider that maybe what they have done is the wrong thing to start with.

facts are hard things to deal with but the feminist movement has brought us more single mother homes, which results in poorer school performance, lower grades, higher suicide rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates...and STILL we have the problems she whimpers about: glass ceilings and the lack of women in high positions (not withstanding the overwhelming amount of incredibly incompetent women Obama has thrust upon us)
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 07:18:03 pm »

Merci Injess !

Yes to this:
   facts are hard things to deal with but the feminist movement has brought us more single mother homes, which results in poorer school performance, lower grades, higher suicide rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates...and       

But that is NOT the fault of good women nor of good men, because it is big criminals that organised illegal drugs running also politicians too chicken to stop them and therefore governments and people have to be more and more slaves: BOTH PARENTS WORKING or if one parent household but working outside of home, as that one (or both parents in two parents families) works so much that the children have no parent(s) to help them enough !!!

That is my view !

What do you think ?

Au revoir, hugs, keep care...

www.langdonart.com
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum