The Retreat
April 20, 2024, 04:12:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ship of fools

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ship of fools  (Read 92 times)
MagicM

« on: January 04, 2014, 02:39:41 am »

The expedition of warmists now on a Russian ship trapped in ice is called “Spirit of Mawson” in honor of explorer Douglas Mawson who, a century ago, spent two years on Antarctica during which he lost two colleagues on a trek. Mawson himself survived only by eating his huskies and trudging back on feet that had lost the skin of the soles.

Guardian journalist Laurence Topham on the ‘Spirit of Mawson’ now demonstrates how that spirit lives on in this ship of warmists, awaiting rescue by helicopter after a week trapped in ice they’d assumed was melting away:

It is quite stressful… I miss banana and peanut butter milkshakes… I’ve got this really thin, small bed… I’ve hurt my back… I jammed my leg in the door last night… And it’s only going to get worse… Stranded in ice. Oh, God I’m going mad.

They sure breed them tough these days (not).

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/somethings_cracking_and_its_not_the_ice_around_the_warmists_ship/
Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:13:33 am »

It is quite stressful… I miss banana and peanut butter milkshakes… I’ve got this really thin, small bed… I’ve hurt my back… I jammed my leg in the door last night… And it’s only going to get worse… Stranded in ice. Oh, God I’m going mad.

The idea that these pansies would start off by comparing themselves to someone like Mawson is laughable.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:13:31 am »

The expedition of warmists now on a Russian ship trapped in ice is called “Spirit of Mawson” in honor of explorer Douglas Mawson who, a century ago, spent two years on Antarctica during which he lost two colleagues on a trek. Mawson himself survived only by eating his huskies and trudging back on feet that had lost the skin of the soles.

Guardian journalist Laurence Topham on the ‘Spirit of Mawson’ now demonstrates how that spirit lives on in this ship of warmists, awaiting rescue by helicopter after a week trapped in ice they’d assumed was melting away:

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/somethings_cracking_and_its_not_the_ice_around_the_warmists_ship/

we were debating who would start eating the others first...

some of the photos cracked me up, like the penquins coming out to stare at the idiots...the ones stuck in the nonexistant ice that they went down there to prove wasn't there...
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:54:04 am »

so they spent months winnowing out the 'best' people to brave the Antartic, then just sold off the remaining births to just anyone? soooo...if you dont' actually HIRE someone, even though they are present, they don't affect the trip? huh?

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/98_per_cent_of_us_reports_dont_mention_the_ice_trapped_passengers_were_glob/

but notice how the news doesn't mention the global warming part? I mean that's what is so funny...I guess the agenda trumped the joke..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum