The Retreat
April 19, 2024, 04:36:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Little Big Town's ''Girl Crush'' Pulled From Country Radio Stations

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Big Town's ''Girl Crush'' Pulled From Country Radio Stations  (Read 131 times)
injest
Administrator

« on: April 04, 2015, 06:38:04 pm »

http://www.eonline.com/news/640315/little-big-town-s-girl-crush-pulled-from-country-radio-stations-lead-singer-says-song-is-not-about-a-lesbian-relationship

big brouhaha over nothing IMO...it's no worse than "My Girl Bill" from the 70s that was all over country stations...of course this is a serious song and "My Girl Bill" was a just for fun kind of ditty..
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MagicM

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 09:11:42 pm »

and then there's this from Kay Perry

Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope
injest
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »

and then there's this from Kay Perry

ah but you see, that's POP! whole different demographic over here!
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 03:51:32 pm »

People are completely missing the point of this song. She's singing about the attributes of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend in a jealous manner. Basically saying that she wants all of the new girlfriends qualities so that the boyfriend will love her again.

Fuckin' idiots.

Anyone who has lost a lover to another person understands this sentiment. I sure do. The second guy I ever fell in love with, Frank, started seeing someone while I was away doing a show in Bermuda. When I accidentally bumped into the two of them one day, I started feeling exactly the way this song goes. The new guy was--shall we say politely--a rather different type of black man than I am.

I felt horrible about it for short period of time, until I convinced myself that my type of black man would end up having a better life overall than the type that Frank chose over me. In the end, I was right. And I know this because the new beau and I ended up working for the same bank the following summer. He was just a grunt working in the mailroom for just over minimum wage, and I was in charge of telecommunications billing and provisioning.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 08:18:11 pm »

People are completely missing the point of this song. She's singing about the attributes of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend in a jealous manner. Basically saying that she wants all of the new girlfriends qualities so that the boyfriend will love her again.

Fuckin' idiots.

Anyone who has lost a lover to another person understands this sentiment. I sure do. The second guy I ever fell in love with, Frank, started seeing someone while I was away doing a show in Bermuda. When I accidentally bumped into the two of them one day, I started feeling exactly the way this song goes. The new guy was--shall we say politely--a rather different type of black man than I am.

I felt horrible about it for short period of time, until I convinced myself that my type of black man would end up having a better life overall than the type that Frank chose over me. In the end, I was right. And I know this because the new beau and I ended up working for the same bank the following summer. He was just a grunt working in the mailroom for just over minimum wage, and I was in charge of telecommunications billing and provisioning.

the best revenge...living well!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum