The Retreat
April 20, 2024, 12:18:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

If I were an American ....

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If I were an American ....  (Read 67 times)
MagicM

« on: May 22, 2015, 02:25:21 am »

I don't know about you guys but if I were an American I would be mightily pissed off that instead of the nation's leader fronting in person to be questioned by the media on a regular basis, you get some party hack standing there mindlessly repeating what he's been told to say instead of having the authority to answer tough questions properly.

We get a lot wrong in Australia and our pollies tend to duck answering questions on TV etc but at least the prime minister regularly fronts in person to be grilled by the press and is also grilled by the opposition leader in parliament. How does the President get to hide behind some PR functionary instead of answering the questions that have import around the world? - for example, what the hell are you planning to do to retrieve the situation in the Middle East?

Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 06:48:50 am »

I don't know about you guys but if I were an American I would be mightily pissed off that instead of the nation's leader fronting in person to be questioned by the media on a regular basis, you get some party hack standing there mindlessly repeating what he's been told to say instead of having the authority to answer tough questions properly.

We get a lot wrong in Australia and our pollies tend to duck answering questions on TV etc but at least the prime minister regularly fronts in person to be grilled by the press and is also grilled by the opposition leader in parliament. How does the President get to hide behind some PR functionary instead of answering the questions that have import around the world? - for example, what the hell are you planning to do to retrieve the situation in the Middle East?

for me, I know that the media isn't GOING to ask him the tough questions...and even if they do, they won't press him. And whatever he says is more likely to be a flat out lie than anything useful.

Sorry to say it but there it is. I think for most of us, we are just hunkering down and praying we get through these next two years without a flat out World War or a revolution.

There is much buzz here about this military 'exercise' they are planning for July. Yes, I know it sounds ten ways to crazy but if you go back and asked the people in Germany or Pol Pot if they thought the things that happened in their country was possible...they'd think you were crazy too.

We have never had the military 'exercising' in our cities. EVER. and with the mood of the country, to come rolling in here with tanks and such...someone is going to die. And no telling what will happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum