The Retreat
April 19, 2024, 06:21:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Always Loyal

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Always Loyal  (Read 58 times)
injest
Administrator

« on: July 19, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »

http://www.boredpanda.com/veteran-amputees-hot-calendar-photoshoot-always-loyal-michael-stokes/

uh..

YEAH...

about half way through I stopped seeing the damage...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 03:58:27 pm »

Someone in my Facebook feed posted about the Stokes collection on Friday. I had a couple of thoughts...

- This set of photos could definitely serve to help inspire the wounded (war or otherwise) to get up, get out, and get as healthy as they can be. Too often people with disabilities succumb to depression, overeating, drinking, drugs, and obesity. These photos show what is possible for the wounded.

- I'm wondering if there is any biographical information on the vets in the photos?

- Many have commented that these vets are so hot-looking, that the injuries don't matter. I worry that people with such injuries who are not so hot-looking will be as socially acceptable, and appealing to others. In other words, a hot-looking guy without a leg might get the time of day from someone, and possibly strike up a friendship/relationship. But would anyone pay the same attention to an amputee who is just average-looking?
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:47:03 pm »

Someone in my Facebook feed posted about the Stokes collection on Friday. I had a couple of thoughts...

- This set of photos could definitely serve to help inspire the wounded (war or otherwise) to get up, get out, and get as healthy as they can be. Too often people with disabilities succumb to depression, overeating, drinking, drugs, and obesity. These photos show what is possible for the wounded.

- I'm wondering if there is any biographical information on the vets in the photos?

- Many have commented that these vets are so hot-looking, that the injuries don't matter. I worry that people with such injuries who are not so hot-looking will be as socially acceptable, and appealing to others. In other words, a hot-looking guy without a leg might get the time of day from someone, and possibly strike up a friendship/relationship. But would anyone pay the same attention to an amputee who is just average-looking?

it would be hard to divorce them from their bodies, and yes they are attractive...but the point of the photos, IMO, is to show that the injury didn't stop them from being fit and strong. It also is about the pride and courage in their faces. These men (and women) have not been defeated.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum