The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 12:14:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Views on Trump?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Views on Trump?  (Read 299 times)
MagicM

« on: August 04, 2015, 11:41:00 pm »

What's the view on Trump around here?

Is he the Sarah Palin of the 2016 election and is likely to get similar treatment? Or is he the new Burlesconi?

Does success in business translate to success in politics? He obviously feels much less constrained about saying whatever he thinks on contentious issues than his rivals. Are they giving him enough rope to hang himself?

Here's Australia's billionaire pollie Clive Palmer who opens his mouth and says what he likes too!

Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:17:01 pm »

well he definitely won't get the Palin treatment, he's a guy, and he's rich rich rich..and has connections.

people will take stabs at him and they are trying to make him out to be a buffoon.

some people think he's in as a shill for the Democrats, playing the part of Ross Perot, dividing the Republicans so the Democrats can win in a year that they know they are going to have an uphill battle.

it will be interesting at least to see the debate tomorrow.

he certainly isn't afraid to speak his mind.
Report Spam   Logged
MagicM

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:23:03 am »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/08/04/trump-outwits-gawker-turns-cell-phone-number-into-campaign-ad/

Republican voters understand that if we are going to beat the Clinton Machine and the media in 2016, whoever we pick as our nominee will have to know how to dodge the media’s sucker-punches and fearlessly stay on offense.

In the face of more than a month of withering scorn and hate from the media, Trump has been everywhere hitting back, taking on all comers, ducking nobody, and turning Gawker into Wile E. Coyote.

The bottom line is that Trump is displaying something sorely lacking in the current Republican field: competence when it comes to handling a hostile, left-wing media.

Competence always translates into votes. The media knows this, which is why in 2012 and 2008 they created a dynamic that said, “Obama can do no wrong, and his Republican opponent can do nothing right.”

Without breaking the back of that media strategy, Hillary Clinton will be our next president, and right now only Trump is s showing that he can break the media’s back.

Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 07:35:09 pm »

BUT

there are reports that Bill Clinton called him in May and they made a plan for Trump to do this so that Clinton can win, the plan is for him to play Ross Perot
Report Spam   Logged
MagicM

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 05:39:39 am »

BUT

there are reports that Bill Clinton called him in May and they made a plan for Trump to do this so that Clinton can win, the plan is for him to play Ross Perot

That's perfectly possible. He refused to rule out running as an independent. To me Trump came across as a blow hard in the debate. Maybe he's a spoiler as well.

Jeb Bush disappointed - too wishy washy. Liked Rubio, Cruz and the guy from Ohio.
Report Spam   Logged

bradINblue

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:13:23 am »

The pump is primed, it's time the pendulum swing, and it ain't gonna happen with:

Bush-No passion, no specifics, and sadly the name (IMO, GWB was a hero but I'm not going to convince the uninformed morons)

Rubio-Milk toast flailing in the wind. Say BOO and he'll wet his pants.

Christie-Blowhard who can't be decisive on the ISIL and the middle east conflicts, and, on face value, doesn't seem like he can be trusted.

Huckabee-A pontificating Pillsbury doughboy with a cute smile and a guitar who thinks we should be living the 50's where every family is made up of a working man, housewife, and two perfect chillins' (whatever) and the good Lord will provide.

Fiorina-A fiesty, no nonsense, perfect VP candidate who could step in the shoes of a STRONG likeminded, PRES, and only one person comes to mind.

Carson-Love to have him as my doctor or best friend but wishy-washy on all the issues and would get chewed up and spit out by the Washington elite.

Perry-My type of man but that's about it. He's rigid and stubborn and reminds me of, well, Obama.

Cruz-He ain't my type of man and, like Perry, he's rigid, stubborn, and reminds me of, well......................

Graham-Old toad with no grasp of issues important to most Americans.

Jindal-Young but decidedly old ideas and 'blah blah blah' fixes to problems with not an ounce of passion.

Kasich-Entrenched in the old do nothin' but get reelected at all cost politics that all of us are sick and tired of.

Paul-Certifiable nut case.

Santorum-See Kasich but this guy's got a Bible on his lap.

Walker-Another perfect VP candidate who would be a good president but doesn't currently have the passion to fire up the base.

So, a clown got us into this mess, a clown can get us out. It's not the time for a 'nice guy' like Carson or wishy-washy milk toast like Rubio. We need the Donald and we need him now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:41:46 am by bradINblue » Report Spam   Logged

The Maker keeps making but I finally broke through. I love you Steve.
injest
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 07:33:40 am »

The pump is primed, it's time the pendulum swing, and it ain't gonna happen with:

Bush-No passion, no specifics, and sadly the name (IMO, GWB was a hero but I'm not going to convince the uninformed morons)

he acts like he thinks he's a shoo in because of the name...and the media treats him like he is. But I agree with you, he's a blank slate.

Rubio-Milk toast flailing in the wind. Say BOO and he'll wet his pants.

can't get past the "Gang of 8" thing

Christie-Blowhard who can't be decisive on the ISIL and the middle east conflicts, and, on face value, doesn't seem like he can be trusted.

Huckabee-A pontificating Pillsbury doughboy with a cute smile and a guitar who thinks we should be living the 50's where every family is made up of a working man, housewife, and two perfect chillins' (whatever) and the good Lord will provide.

Snake oil salesman. Thinks he is too clever by half and thinks everyone else is a rube.

Fiorina-A fiesty, no nonsense, perfect VP candidate who could step in the shoes of a STRONG likeminded, PRES, and only one person comes to mind.

Carson-Love to have him as my doctor or best friend but wishy-washy on all the issues and would get chewed up and spit out by the Washington elite.

I think he has a stronger backbone than that but I question his stances on many issues...and his experience dealing with opposition. Would love to see him as Surgeon General or another office where his expertise would be useful and his politics in line with mainstream

Perry-My type of man but that's about it. He's rigid and stubborn and reminds me of, well, Obama.

Cruz-He ain't my type of man and, like Perry, he's rigid, stubborn, and reminds me of, well......................

don't see it. Cruz is a Constitution guy, not a revolutionary like Obama and he is my choice right now.

Graham-Old toad with no grasp of issues important to most Americans.

Jindal-Young but decidedly old ideas and 'blah blah blah' fixes to problems with not an ounce of passion.

Kasich-Entrenched in the old do nothin' but get reelected at all cost politics that all of us are sick and tired of.

Paul-Certifiable nut case.

Santorum-See Kasich but this guy's got a Bible on his lap.

Walker-Another perfect VP candidate who would be a good president but doesn't currently have the passion to fire up the base.

So, a clown got us into this mess, a clown can get us out. It's not the time for a 'nice guy' like Carson or wishy-washy milk toast like Rubio. We need the Donald and we need him now.

Donald is looking more and more like a pawn as time goes by...yes he plays the part well but he can't give specifics on anything. His soundbites are great...but that's all they are. soundbites.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 06:57:10 am »

A good example of why Trump is so popular right now:

Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 08:20:29 pm »

Get on the Trump Train, baby. He may be the last opportunity to steer us off the head on collision with disaster. I'm all for him. There is a time and place for everything, and right now this country needs a kick ass, football coach, no apologies, tough guy who can get things squared away from 25 years of disastrous decisions.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 10:14:32 pm »

http://www.exsolutiongroup.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/what-we-got-here-min.png 

what we need is the Cool Hand Luke warden to straighten things out in this country!

Report Spam   Logged
HerrKaiser
cat lover

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 07:14:02 pm »

Have you folks seen the speeches and commentaries by Milo Yiannopolous and Diamond & Silk? Each provide huge insights as to the breadth and depth of support for Trump's agenda to trash PC and get things in order.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 08:52:57 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum