The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 08:08:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Changes at DCF

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes at DCF  (Read 265 times)
Milo
Global Moderator

« on: September 08, 2015, 10:01:45 am »

Chuck posted an announcement that DCF is going to be moving to a new, less expensive server, upgrading its technology, and that Dave Cullen will no longer be paying the rent for the site. He's asking for donations, and will be opening an account at the bank where he works so that he and KillersMom can pay the bills. He's also promised to post monthly statements so there is transparency. Membership will still be open, and not contingent on donations.

I know its a little late for this, but if Dave had been more proactive about encouraging donations over the last 10 years, he could have put the money aside in an interest-bearing account, and DCF could be self-sustaining by now.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:38:13 pm »

Chuck posted an announcement that DCF is going to be moving to a new, less expensive server, upgrading its technology, and that Dave Cullen will no longer be paying the rent for the site. He's asking for donations, and will be opening an account at the bank where he works so that he and KillersMom can pay the bills. He's also promised to post monthly statements so there is transparency. Membership will still be open, and not contingent on donations.

I know its a little late for this, but if Dave had been more proactive about encouraging donations over the last 10 years, he could have put the money aside in an interest-bearing account, and DCF could be self-sustaining by now.

can you imagine being in a situation where Killersmom and Chuck is in charge? OY!

my idea of a nightmare. THERE is a place where there will be 'equality' and 'tolerance'....

not!
Report Spam   Logged
bradINblue

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:15:15 pm »

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The Maker keeps making but I finally broke through. I love you Steve.
bradINblue

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 11:27:04 pm »

Early on, Dave Cullen let this cute twink living in Portland be a co-signer on the DCF donations account. It had so much money in it the server could be paid for almost indefinitely. This twink (Pete In Portland) took all the money and ran. Scandalous times for sure. Killersmom (Linda) and several other DCF hierarchy (all of whom left pissed off) asked me for legal advice. My response: Cullen (huge queen) allowed this moron (probably because he was all flirty with Dave and in the picture was good looking) be on the account. He had every right to take all the money (five figures) and abscond.
Linda is flat broke, Chuck, at fifty years old, lives in a tiny NJ apartment, and the three other DCF regulars couldn't finance their way to Disneyland. And it doesn't sound like Dave Cullen (failure as a writer) is going anywhere fast. RIP DCF.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:32:56 pm by bradINblue » Report Spam   Logged

The Maker keeps making but I finally broke through. I love you Steve.
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 06:59:47 am »

Early on, Dave Cullen let this cute twink living in Portland be a co-signer on the DCF donations account. It had so much money in it the server could be paid for almost indefinitely. This twink (Pete In Portland) took all the money and ran. Scandalous times for sure. Killersmom (Linda) and several other DCF hierarchy (all of whom left pissed off) asked me for legal advice. My response: Cullen (huge queen) allowed this moron (probably because he was all flirty with Dave and in the picture was good looking) be on the account. He had every right to take all the money (five figures) and abscond.
Linda is flat broke, Chuck, at fifty years old, lives in a tiny NJ apartment, and the three other DCF regulars couldn't finance their way to Disneyland. And it doesn't sound like Dave Cullen (failure as a writer) is going anywhere fast. RIP DCF.

Thanks for filling us in on the back story. I had no idea. Dave clearly let himself be blinded by lust, and the ensuing abuse is largely his fault. Was he so stupid that he couldn't tell when some cute guy was just looking for a sugar daddy. Another example of not being able to tell the difference between love and lust.

BTW, I just checked Facebook. Dave Cullen has 496 followers. Jack Donovan's author page has 4,238 likes. Just sayin'.

As for Linda and Chuck, I'd be more worried about their ability to manage the money than their ability to contribute. Chuck's message invited DCF members to hang out at Bittermost while the tech changes are being made. If DCF goes belly-up, some of them will end up over there permanently. This is going to be interesting.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:03:32 am by Milo » Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 07:33:31 am »

Thanks for filling us in on the back story. I had no idea. Dave clearly let himself be blinded by lust, and the ensuing abuse is largely his fault. Was he so stupid that he couldn't tell when some cute guy was just looking for a sugar daddy. Another example of not being able to tell the difference between love and lust.

BTW, I just checked Facebook. Dave Cullen has 496 followers. Jack Donovan's author page has 4,238 likes. Just sayin'.

As for Linda and Chuck, I'd be more worried about their ability to manage the money than their ability to contribute. Chuck's message invited DCF members to hang out at Bittermost while the tech changes are being made. If DCF goes belly-up, some of them will end up over there permanently. This is going to be interesting.

I would be more worried about their ability to control themselves. Given access to people's personal information, IP addresses, bank accounts, etc...I can see Chuck using them to punish anyone that he doesn't care for. I would be very cautious if I was involved in any way financially with them.
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 08:41:39 am »

I would be more worried about their ability to control themselves. Given access to people's personal information, IP addresses, bank accounts, etc...I can see Chuck using them to punish anyone that he doesn't care for. I would be very cautious if I was involved in any way financially with them.

I hadn't thought about that, but yeah. Vindictive is their style.
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 08:15:20 pm »

...and here comes Round 2 of the DCF Telethon...

As you all know, The Ultimate Brokeback Forum switched to a "donations" format, after Dave Cullen had been supporting the forum on his own for the past 10 years.

November of last year was when we switched to the donation method, with Killersmom and I (CellarDweller) handling the finances to ensure the forum would continue. 

The forum is currently on a server that costs $33.99 a month, and when we did our first fund raiser, we raised enough to keep the forum running from November through June of this year.  While I do run the "forum finance" each week in TDS, I said I wouldn't ask for more donations  until we were getting close to $0.00 again.   We are now down to $69.00 in our forum account (two months) so it is time to ask our members again to make any donations they can, to help keep the forum going. 

Donations can range from $5.00 to however much you want  them to be.  Payments can be sent via  PayPay to me directly at CellarDweller115@yahoo.com, or you can PM me and I'll give you my address, so you can mail funds directly to me.

Thanks for your generosity!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum