The Retreat
April 18, 2024, 09:47:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How Trump is viewed by the center right in Oz

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How Trump is viewed by the center right in Oz  (Read 741 times)
MagicM

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 02:00:22 am »

Looks like my choice John Kasich has come up the back strait!!! LOL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/12149474/John-Kasich-blows-race-to-be-Republican-establishment-candidate-wide-open.html
Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope
injest
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 07:21:42 am »

well someone has to be it and he's kinda snuck in under the radar. The other establishment types are beating each other up and he's sliding in uncontested.

Christie is the one that really lost IMO, he had a 'good' showing in the debate and put most of his attention on New Hampshire...and came up way short.

Speculation is that Bush or Christie might drop out soon...we shall see. The plot thickens! (and I don't lisp ha ha)

Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 03:19:37 pm »

Is Trump for or against gays ?

April 18 to May 8 2016 Langdonart paintings exhibition at la galerie 2456, at  2456 rue Beaubien Est, 2 left near Cinema Beaubien facing Molson parc, Montreal, 10h a.m. to 21 p.m.; May 8th closing 16h or before; Langdonart unique realisations illustrating on canvas World Upside Down becoming World Upside Up for you and I for Joys of Life as I am "Charlie" and "Paris" for Liberty to paint, to create as I please in order to amuse you like in this painting of either a outer space vehicle or a monster; or is it ?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:28:34 pm by Artiste » Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 10:24:01 pm »

(sorry Brad)

My view of Trump: he's the right's equivalent of Obama....he isn't offering any solutions just platitudes...instead of "Hope and Change" it's "It'll happen" or "They'll pay"

and  most of his followers are as fanatical and driven by personality as Obama's were...you can ask them what exactly do they like about his policies and they'll quote from Cruz or Rubio's platform and assign it to Trump.

In fact, Trump is directly opposed to many of the ideas and beliefs that so many conservatives claim to have. He supports Planned Parenthood for example. He supports the whole idea of 'deal making'. He openly says he can 'be whateve I need to be'....meaning he has no core values.

In the debate last night, he blatantly lied about the 'many awards' he has recieved from Israel for example...does it matter? no, no one is concerned...it's more important that he makes them 'feel good'. And the media is playing right along...I listened today and not ONE TIME did the ABC radio I was listening to mention Cruz. It's as if he doesn't exist. Trump is presented in a good light, Rubio was applauded...but the second person in the polls, the one leading some polls is ignored.

it is appalling to watch our side fall into the same trap that the Democrats did eight years ago...with someone that openly admits he has no principles, no core beliefs other than self agrandizement (sp). He is an egoist that has already threatened people, encouraged his supporters to assauly dissenters, blackmailed people ("Be careful, you have a lot of secrets")...and this is the man they want to put in charge of the CIA and the IRS?

he will use the power of the Presidency for his own ego.

Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 08:03:38 am »

Mother likes Trump !
Why is that a surprise for me?

For you too?

Just discovered: see the fabulous images for your fun galore:

https://artavita.com/artists/11703-langdonart3
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »

well, Mr Trump gets folks talking, doesn't he?  Wink

I decided that Trump is the only candidate running that will shake up the Republican establishment and who if elected will make the changes which are needed to save the Republic. The Republicans in Congress might as well not exist for all of their effectiveness in opposing Barack Hussein's radical pro terrorist agenda. I had some hope for Ted Cruz, but his campaign has been so filled with lies and half truths that I gave up on him. Marco Rubio is a grinning self serving monstrosity who lied to the people of FL in order to get elected. Rubio's grin reminds me of either The Phantom of the Opera, or The Cheshire Cat - I can't decide which   Grin

I voted for Trump in early voting last week and have decided run as a Trump delegate at our district convention after the primary. the entire Republican party structure needs to be reshaped and we need pro insurgent RNC committeemen. I plan to attend the state convention as a Trump delegate just so I can oppose anyone in the establishment who runs for national committee and wants to keep the status quo.

election day here is Tuesday, polls are showing Trump and Cruz close to each other. but, if Cruz gets just one vote less than Trump, he will be finished. and then Trump and easily dispose of little Marco.
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 04:23:56 pm »

Merci arcadian pour tes nouvelles.

Donc, tu es pour Trump !

As no one says if Trump is for gays, can you tell me ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 04:39:00 pm »

(sorry Brad)

My view of Trump: he's the right's equivalent of Obama....he isn't offering any solutions just platitudes...instead of "Hope and Change" it's "It'll happen" or "They'll pay"

and  most of his followers are as fanatical and driven by personality as Obama's were...you can ask them what exactly do they like about his policies and they'll quote from Cruz or Rubio's platform and assign it to Trump.

In fact, Trump is directly opposed to many of the ideas and beliefs that so many conservatives claim to have. He supports Planned Parenthood for example. He supports the whole idea of 'deal making'. He openly says he can 'be whateve I need to be'....meaning he has no core values.

In the debate last night, he blatantly lied about the 'many awards' he has recieved from Israel for example...does it matter? no, no one is concerned...it's more important that he makes them 'feel good'. And the media is playing right along...I listened today and not ONE TIME did the ABC radio I was listening to mention Cruz. It's as if he doesn't exist. Trump is presented in a good light, Rubio was applauded...but the second person in the polls, the one leading some polls is ignored.

it is appalling to watch our side fall into the same trap that the Democrats did eight years ago...with someone that openly admits he has no principles, no core beliefs other than self agrandizement (sp). He is an egoist that has already threatened people, encouraged his supporters to assauly dissenters, blackmailed people ("Be careful, you have a lot of secrets")...and this is the man they want to put in charge of the CIA and the IRS?

he will use the power of the Presidency for his own ego.

to answer your post about Trump :

I don't see the similarity between Obama and Trump - in 2008 Obama was essentially an empty suit who had no accomplishments. Trump has had a very successful career over many decades. you may not consider that his career has been a prep for the job of POTUS, but to compare him to a cypher like Obama is unfair and inaccurate

I'm not sure about Trump "fanatics", maybe some exist. I see Trump's flaws. And, I also see plenty of Bernie fanatics and robots voting for the corrupt liar Hillary who can't see any of their candidates hideous flaws.

Trump is appealing to a broad section of Republicans, conservatives and independents who feel left behind by both the Demcrats and the Republicans.

As far as specifics:

Trump will finally secure the border and deport illegals sapping our system

Trump will be a firm and hard negotiator with US trading partners,

Trump will punish American firms who hire illegals or ship our jobs overseas

Trump hates PC and doesn't care who he offends,

Trump tells the truth about corrupt liar Hillary,

Trump wants to reform the tax system to allow a reduction in rates and bring back to the US the Trillions which are sequestered in foreign countries due to our suicidal tax system.

Most importantly, Trump is competent at what he does best - negotiations. you can't say that for any of the other candidates with the exception perhaps of Kasich.

Now does Trump have a 100 page position paper on everything from AAA to ZZ Top? - hell no! and those candidates who have such position papers are generally liars and not going to abide by those positions once elected anyway

Like many Jess, Trump as evolved into a conservative over his decades as a business person. Reagan started life as a Liberal Democrat and became one of our greatest conservative leaders. I am proud of the fact that my first vote for President was for Reagan in 1980 and consider that former leftwing union member who was a Hollywood divorcee and who had signed one of CA most liberal abortion laws in 1967 to be one of America's greatest presidents.

Trump's financial support in the past of Democrats such as Hillary and Schumer was entirely business related. In big biz, you have to have "access" in order to be successful, you get access thru contributions. Trump's empire is NY centered, so that means he has contributed to Democrats.

Trump is prolife and does not support federal funding for Planned Parenthood, because of their abortion activities. Trump has made the comment that PP does some good work for women in the area of mammography and other screenings. this is true.

Trump as not lied about his support for Israel, which has gone back over decades and is well documented and acknowledged by Jewish leaders in both the Republican party and Democratic party.

Trump is self funding his campaign, he owes nothing to the lobbyists. unlike all of his opponents

You talk of Trumps core beliefs. really they are simple. Trump is an American nationalist. He will secure the border from the on-going catastrophic invasion from Mexico and elsewhere. Trump will negotiate good trade deals that bring back American jobs by not allowing foreigners to have unfair trading advantages of us, and punishing American companies who ship American jobs overseas.

not the crony capitalist deals that the Repubs and the Democrats have forced on us.  

look at Trumps competition as of today.

Cruz has been totally ineffective one term TX senator. his only accomplishment was a failed filibuster. he is laughed at. he talks nice, but has accomplished nothing other than take millions from lobbyists

Rubio lied to the Tea Party and the voters of FL. He was elected to be an effective opposition to the Obama agenda. instead he pushed for amnesty for illegal aliens. another ineffective one term senator beholden to the lobbyists

Kasich comes closest to someone with an effective record. and I could certainly support him for Vice President.

what it comes down to for conservatives is this choice:

do you want a candidate who passes all of the litmus tests of conservatism based upon their position papers?

or, do you want a candidate who has demonstrated that they can accomplish the urgent tasks needed to save the Republic, but who may not pass all of the litmus tests.

Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 04:40:20 pm »

Merci arcadian pour tes nouvelles.

Donc, tu es pour Trump !

As no one says if Trump is for gays, can you tell me ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Trump accepts the same sex marriage is now a reality. thru the decades Trump has been openly friendly to gays and has hired many gays and lesbians in his vast business empire.
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 05:05:57 pm »

Merci Arcadien !

Glad to know that Trump hired gays in the past.
I wonder if Trump will do more for gays ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 08:45:49 pm »

to answer your post about Trump :

I don't see the similarity between Obama and Trump - in 2008 Obama was essentially an empty suit who had no accomplishments. Trump has had a very successful career over many decades. you may not consider that his career has been a prep for the job of POTUS, but to compare him to a cypher like Obama is unfair and inaccurate

I'm not sure about Trump "fanatics", maybe some exist. I see Trump's flaws. And, I also see plenty of Bernie fanatics and robots voting for the corrupt liar Hillary who can't see any of their candidates hideous flaws.

Trump is appealing to a broad section of Republicans, conservatives and independents who feel left behind by both the Demcrats and the Republicans.

As far as specifics:

Trump will finally secure the border and deport illegals sapping our system

Trump will be a firm and hard negotiator with US trading partners,

Trump will punish American firms who hire illegals or ship our jobs overseas

Trump hates PC and doesn't care who he offends,

Trump tells the truth about corrupt liar Hillary,

Trump wants to reform the tax system to allow a reduction in rates and bring back to the US the Trillions which are sequestered in foreign countries due to our suicidal tax system.

Most importantly, Trump is competent at what he does best - negotiations. you can't say that for any of the other candidates with the exception perhaps of Kasich.

Now does Trump have a 100 page position paper on everything from AAA to ZZ Top? - hell no! and those candidates who have such position papers are generally liars and not going to abide by those positions once elected anyway

Like many Jess, Trump as evolved into a conservative over his decades as a business person. Reagan started life as a Liberal Democrat and became one of our greatest conservative leaders. I am proud of the fact that my first vote for President was for Reagan in 1980 and consider that former leftwing union member who was a Hollywood divorcee and who had signed one of CA most liberal abortion laws in 1967 to be one of America's greatest presidents.

Trump's financial support in the past of Democrats such as Hillary and Schumer was entirely business related. In big biz, you have to have "access" in order to be successful, you get access thru contributions. Trump's empire is NY centered, so that means he has contributed to Democrats.

Trump is prolife and does not support federal funding for Planned Parenthood, because of their abortion activities. Trump has made the comment that PP does some good work for women in the area of mammography and other screenings. this is true.

Trump as not lied about his support for Israel, which has gone back over decades and is well documented and acknowledged by Jewish leaders in both the Republican party and Democratic party.

Trump is self funding his campaign, he owes nothing to the lobbyists. unlike all of his opponents

You talk of Trumps core beliefs. really they are simple. Trump is an American nationalist. He will secure the border from the on-going catastrophic invasion from Mexico and elsewhere. Trump will negotiate good trade deals that bring back American jobs by not allowing foreigners to have unfair trading advantages of us, and punishing American companies who ship American jobs overseas.

not the crony capitalist deals that the Repubs and the Democrats have forced on us.  

look at Trumps competition as of today.

Cruz has been totally ineffective one term TX senator. his only accomplishment was a failed filibuster. he is laughed at. he talks nice, but has accomplished nothing other than take millions from lobbyists

Rubio lied to the Tea Party and the voters of FL. He was elected to be an effective opposition to the Obama agenda. instead he pushed for amnesty for illegal aliens. another ineffective one term senator beholden to the lobbyists

Kasich comes closest to someone with an effective record. and I could certainly support him for Vice President.

what it comes down to for conservatives is this choice:

do you want a candidate who passes all of the litmus tests of conservatism based upon their position papers?

or, do you want a candidate who has demonstrated that they can accomplish the urgent tasks needed to save the Republic, but who may not pass all of the litmus tests.

this whole post shows exactly what I am talking about...You are imagining that Trump will do what YOU want him to do, you are imagining him as being something his record does NOT show. Just like the Obama lovers did. He provides a blank slate that people can project their fantasies onto.

He's going to 'build a fence'...how? tariffs? do you want to get into a tariff war?

He's a 'successful' business man...for now. How many businesses has he ran into the ground? There is always another company to start...there's only the one United States.

He's openly called for his supporters to rough up opponents. Do you deny that? It's on tape.

How will he 'punish' businesses? where in the Constitution does the Presidency get to 'punish' businesses? Do you really want to have the government having that power? Are you even listening to yourself?

sorry Bill but the fact that you support him is proof that he is NOT a good choice for President...we don't need more 'deal makers'...we need to bring this country back to the Constitution. We don't need a strongman just because people like yourself think he'll be a strongman that will benefit your own interests.  You have consistantly supported positions that only benefit you....we need to stop thinking along those lines. I am sick of the back and forth of the two party system. It is time for the Republican establishment to be taken down. There have been Democrats that are supporting Trump too...because they think he'll 'make deals'.

Five states have called for a Constitutional Convention....that's something I support whole heartedly.
Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 03:34:02 am »

Hi injest ! Bonjour amie !

You said well !

Since there are only two major political parties in the USA:

However, if the Republican should be out, should not the other major party too: the Democrats ?

What would replace them?

May I ask?

Au revoir,
hugs!

http://hanmeraoavarts.simplesite.com/425647564
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »

this whole post shows exactly what I am talking about...You are imagining that Trump will do what YOU want him to do, you are imagining him as being something his record does NOT show. Just like the Obama lovers did. He provides a blank slate that people can project their fantasies onto.

He's going to 'build a fence'...how? tariffs? do you want to get into a tariff war?

He's a 'successful' business man...for now. How many businesses has he ran into the ground? There is always another company to start...there's only the one United States.

He's openly called for his supporters to rough up opponents. Do you deny that? It's on tape.

How will he 'punish' businesses? where in the Constitution does the Presidency get to 'punish' businesses? Do you really want to have the government having that power? Are you even listening to yourself?

sorry Bill but the fact that you support him is proof that he is NOT a good choice for President...we don't need more 'deal makers'...we need to bring this country back to the Constitution. We don't need a strongman just because people like yourself think he'll be a strongman that will benefit your own interests.  You have consistantly supported positions that only benefit you....we need to stop thinking along those lines. I am sick of the back and forth of the two party system. It is time for the Republican establishment to be taken down. There have been Democrats that are supporting Trump too...because they think he'll 'make deals'.

Five states have called for a Constitutional Convention....that's something I support whole heartedly.

in all of this you do manage to both amuse and say interesting things.  Smiley

1) the current crowd running for POTUS, except for Hillary, are all "blank slates" in the sense that they have not had the POTUS job before, or were so close to the job that they acted as co-president (Hillary and Bill)

2) but in the current crowd there are candidates who actually have accomplished "something" during their time in business or public office. (Ted Cruz and Rubio are not in that crowd)

Donald Trump is a very successful businessman.

John Kasich did serve in Congress during the Reagan era and was effective as a House Rep.

Bernie has been an effective part of the Obama coalition which gave us the nightmare of Obamacare.

Hillary was very effective in her husband's administration.

so, you have to choose. what type of "effectiveness" do you wish for?

a) center right establishment - John Kasich
b) center right outsider - Donald Trump
c) leftist establishment - Hillary
d) leftist outsider - Bernie.

3) Ted Cruz has been a big dud as senator from TX. what has he accomplished? a filibuster, called McConnel a liar, and nothing else. totally ineffective in stopping or even slowing Obama

4) Rubio, like Ted, was elected by the Tea Party to stop Obama, but he rapidly betrayed and defrauded the people of FL by not only pushing for amnesty for the illegal invaders of the US, but also by not even showing up for most of his senate votes.

5) Ted Cruz is really a big mouth that drones on with his Glen Beck talk radio talking points, but he is totally ineffective. and he is so unpleasant and appears to be so inauthentic that he can't be elected Pres. But if elected, he will create political fireworks while getting nothing done. and if you listen to him for 15 minutes, you will definitely hear lies and distortions of the facts. I voted for him when he ran for US Senate. it would be hard to vote for him again.

6) Rubio is even worse. Rubio, who unlike Ted, actually could be elected POTUS would  betray the conservative movement as fast as his hot little hands can pick up a phone. just like all the Bush family. 

7) the reason the border is not secure or a wall finished is because the Chamber of Commerce establishment want cheap labor. Trump takes no money from that group, he can and will build a wall and enforce the border. Rubio and Cruz both take massive contributions from Chamber establishments. it is you who are fantasizing if you think that Cruz can accomplish what you want.

9) Trumps rallies are being invaded by thugs under the control of Leftist activist groups. these thugs are attacking Trump supporters. in Chicago yesterday, they planted a phalanx hundreds strong inside the event arena to rush the platform while Trump was speaking. Trump was forced to cancel the event after learning of this dangerous situation created by these thugs and their Move On and Bill Ayers masters.

Trump and his supporters have a right to free speech and a right to protect themselves from the Fascists of the Left.

why are the leftists and the Republican establishment both attacking Trump?  because they know that he actually can get elected POTUS and when put an end to the cozy bipartisan establishment despoliation of our country. today I notice that Rubio, Kasich, and Cruz all declined to support Trumps right of free speech and instead took time to condemn Trump for creating a "toxic" environment which resulted in the near riots in Chicago.  - blame the victim -

10) the government punishes businesses all the time with the tax code, tariffs,  and with regulations. if businesses want to export American jobs, then I say - PUNISH away.

11) it is naïve to believe that government anywhere anytime can exist without "dealmaking". our entire Constitution is a compromise writ large. and a very good compromise.

A "Constitutional Convention" has impediments that make is unlikely, but a "Convention of the States" can happen and is probably what we will need sometime in the future to make some basic structural changes. but first the US needs emergency triage to save it from the poison of Obama, Trump is the only one available who can make the painful decisions necessary in order that the patient might live long enough to make structural changes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:33:10 pm by Arcadianmemories » Report Spam   Logged
Artiste
artist extraordinaire

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2016, 09:53:37 am »

Cher Arcadien,

What I find amusing is that since Trump is gaining and Clinton is going down, so Obama is trying to save face (to save the Democratic Party) with his past tactic of giving billions of USA's citizens middle class and the poorest: to the banks who robbed the country, by recently bringing in pomp the millionaire (or billionaire) Justin Trudeau (who pretends to be a Prime Minister). That now Trudeau spending not his own money but doing what Obama did and this way taxing the middle class and the poorest... and therefore placing more and more living on the streets  Canadian-borns !!!

Isn't that amazing to you Arcadian and to all that these two copy-cats (Obama and Trudeau) are rendering more bankrupt the  USA and Canada ??

Au revoir,
hugs!
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2016, 07:27:08 pm »

Cher Arcadien,

What I find amusing is that since Trump is gaining and Clinton is going down, so Obama is trying to save face (to save the Democratic Party) with his past tactic of giving billions of USA's citizens middle class and the poorest: to the banks who robbed the country, by recently bringing in pomp the millionaire (or billionaire) Justin Trudeau (who pretends to be a Prime Minister). That now Trudeau spending not his own money but doing what Obama did and this way taxing the middle class and the poorest... and therefore placing more and more living on the streets  Canadian-borns !!!

Isn't that amazing to you Arcadian and to all that these two copy-cats (Obama and Trudeau) are rendering more bankrupt the  USA and Canada ??

Au revoir,
hugs!

thanks for the warning about Trudeau-fils. if he is similar to Obama,  then Canada is in for a rough time. in all honesty, Trudeau Jr looks phony and well rehearsed, just like Obama!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum