The Retreat
March 28, 2024, 03:19:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

And So It Begins...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And So It Begins...  (Read 308 times)
injest
Administrator

« on: May 13, 2016, 07:10:40 pm »

All this media hubbub about Trump "flip flopping" is stupid. Trump doesn't have plans yet, he has ideas. Like Milo said, plans need to be pragmatic and palatable to both houses and the American people. Additionally they've turned this Bush/Bush/Ryan into something it isn't. Both Bush's said they weren't getting involved in the political process this year. They have every right to be offended by Trump's flippant comments but I'm sure they won't let their votes go to waste. Ryan will meet with Trump and familiarize himself with Trump's stand on issues and provide him points of view from the floor of the house. Ryan knows the importance of the people and they have spoken. At the end of the day he probably won't campaign or be a champion for Trump but he will support him. Remember, the most galvanizing and hated member of Congress over the past few years has been TED CRUZ.

oh you are perfectly right. Trump will roll up in there and make all kinds of deals and back room bargains, he'll do whatever benefits him personally or wins him the most points. In other words, the same old same old....nothing will change.

Yes, Cruz is the most 'galvanizing and hated member of Congress'...because he stands for something, he does what he says he will do. You may not agree with him on his values but you can't deny he is one of the very few that went to Washington and did what he PROMISED to do.

but this is no longer ABOUT Cruz. IS the only reason to support Trump is because he's not Cruz? That people like Bill love the idea of a 'deal maker' in the office instead of someone that might actually BELIEVE what he says?

Maybe I am just the most naïve person on the planet but I believe in the Constitution and I believe people when they say they will do things. Trump is lying left and right and flip flopping like crazy....but you are fine with it...and I don't get why. Am I out of the loop here? Have I fallen into a wormhole where people say stuff and other people just know that the words don't MEAN anything? Or that the words mean whatever they want them to mean?

Trump has said repeatedly that he would stop Muslim immigration...now he says no, didn't mean it...that's not a flip flop? That was just an 'idea' he had?

The only 'idea' I hear from him is "Making America Great Again" and to be perfectly honest, it sounds an awful lot like "Hope and CHange" and Trump's supporters are as rigid and impervious to criticism as Obama's supporters were....and we all see how that turned out.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum