The Retreat
March 29, 2024, 09:34:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

And So It Begins...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And So It Begins...  (Read 313 times)
injest
Administrator

« on: May 08, 2016, 09:39:33 pm »

So now Trump is the nominee. And not a week into his 'reign' he's already taking off the mask and showing his true colors..

First thing, his "self funding" campaign pivoted to a big donor promotion headed by none other than Steven Mnuchin, a Goldman Sachs partner (remember how Trump was outraged that Mrs Cruz worked AT Goldman Sachs?) and a former associate of none other than George Soros..yes!! the same Soros that finances so many of the Democrat/Progressive agenda.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/05/trump-names-former-goldman-partner-soros-money-manager-as-finance-chairman/

in case someone has forgotten what Trump said about Goldman Sachs workers: “I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over him. Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton,”

but...that doesn't matter, right? I mean, he's probably just using them to, you know, fight from the INSIDE, you see...

and today...remember that GRRRREAT tax plan he had?

well he walking that back already...barely five days after being crowned the presumptive nominee..

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-walks-back-tax-plan-negotiated/story?id=38959168

but it's ok, he's allowed to change...heck, like he said, he could shoot someone in broad daylight and his dear supporters wouldn't care.

right?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:43:16 pm »

When it comes to the tax plan, I think he's being totally realistic. He's saying that what he's proposed, and what he's able to get through the Hill will be 2 different things. As is typical of the media and the Regressive narrative, they only focus on the "for the rich" part while completely ignoring the part of the Trump plan that would exempt people earning less than $25,000/year from paying any income tax at all. Lopsided reporting.
Report Spam   Logged
bradINblue

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 08:02:37 pm »

All this media hubbub about Trump "flip flopping" is stupid. Trump doesn't have plans yet, he has ideas. Like Milo said, plans need to be pragmatic and palatable to both houses and the American people. Additionally they've turned this Bush/Bush/Ryan into something it isn't. Both Bush's said they weren't getting involved in the political process this year. They have every right to be offended by Trump's flippant comments but I'm sure they won't let their votes go to waste. Ryan will meet with Trump and familiarize himself with Trump's stand on issues and provide him points of view from the floor of the house. Ryan knows the importance of the people and they have spoken. At the end of the day he probably won't campaign or be a champion for Trump but he will support him. Remember, the most galvanizing and hated member of Congress over the past few years has been TED CRUZ.
Report Spam   Logged

The Maker keeps making but I finally broke through. I love you Steve.
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 11:31:32 am »

The Mainstream Media will do everything in their power - mostly repetitive lies - to defeat Trump. They know, just like the Black Lives Matter thugs and the Open Borders thugs know, that Trump will put an end to business as usual. Sadly, the Mainstream Media will be joined by a microscopic group of deranged Never Trumpers who will continue to foment venom and passion against Trump because he didn't pass their litmus test as a conservative.

The good news is, Trump has created so much passion and interest on the part of Independents and Democrats who are sick of the same old failed solutions, that despite the MM and the Never Trumpers, Trump will be elected. Hopefully, some of the Never Trumpers will be exposed as either unhinged (Glen Beck and Mark Levin) or slaves to the establishment ( Michael Medved and Hugh Hewitt) and will be put out of business.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 07:10:40 pm »

All this media hubbub about Trump "flip flopping" is stupid. Trump doesn't have plans yet, he has ideas. Like Milo said, plans need to be pragmatic and palatable to both houses and the American people. Additionally they've turned this Bush/Bush/Ryan into something it isn't. Both Bush's said they weren't getting involved in the political process this year. They have every right to be offended by Trump's flippant comments but I'm sure they won't let their votes go to waste. Ryan will meet with Trump and familiarize himself with Trump's stand on issues and provide him points of view from the floor of the house. Ryan knows the importance of the people and they have spoken. At the end of the day he probably won't campaign or be a champion for Trump but he will support him. Remember, the most galvanizing and hated member of Congress over the past few years has been TED CRUZ.

oh you are perfectly right. Trump will roll up in there and make all kinds of deals and back room bargains, he'll do whatever benefits him personally or wins him the most points. In other words, the same old same old....nothing will change.

Yes, Cruz is the most 'galvanizing and hated member of Congress'...because he stands for something, he does what he says he will do. You may not agree with him on his values but you can't deny he is one of the very few that went to Washington and did what he PROMISED to do.

but this is no longer ABOUT Cruz. IS the only reason to support Trump is because he's not Cruz? That people like Bill love the idea of a 'deal maker' in the office instead of someone that might actually BELIEVE what he says?

Maybe I am just the most naïve person on the planet but I believe in the Constitution and I believe people when they say they will do things. Trump is lying left and right and flip flopping like crazy....but you are fine with it...and I don't get why. Am I out of the loop here? Have I fallen into a wormhole where people say stuff and other people just know that the words don't MEAN anything? Or that the words mean whatever they want them to mean?

Trump has said repeatedly that he would stop Muslim immigration...now he says no, didn't mean it...that's not a flip flop? That was just an 'idea' he had?

The only 'idea' I hear from him is "Making America Great Again" and to be perfectly honest, it sounds an awful lot like "Hope and CHange" and Trump's supporters are as rigid and impervious to criticism as Obama's supporters were....and we all see how that turned out.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 07:38:58 pm »

oh you are perfectly right. Trump will roll up in there and make all kinds of deals and back room bargains, he'll do whatever benefits him personally or wins him the most points. In other words, the same old same old....nothing will change.

Yes, Cruz is the most 'galvanizing and hated member of Congress'...because he stands for something, he does what he says he will do. You may not agree with him on his values but you can't deny he is one of the very few that went to Washington and did what he PROMISED to do.

but this is no longer ABOUT Cruz. IS the only reason to support Trump is because he's not Cruz? That people like Bill love the idea of a 'deal maker' in the office instead of someone that might actually BELIEVE what he says?

Maybe I am just the most naïve person on the planet but I believe in the Constitution and I believe people when they say they will do things. Trump is lying left and right and flip flopping like crazy....but you are fine with it...and I don't get why. Am I out of the loop here? Have I fallen into a wormhole where people say stuff and other people just know that the words don't MEAN anything? Or that the words mean whatever they want them to mean?

Trump has said repeatedly that he would stop Muslim immigration...now he says no, didn't mean it...that's not a flip flop? That was just an 'idea' he had?

The only 'idea' I hear from him is "Making America Great Again" and to be perfectly honest, it sounds an awful lot like "Hope and CHange" and Trump's supporters are as rigid and impervious to criticism as Obama's supporters were....and we all see how that turned out.

its seems simple to me, a voter in the presidential race can either:

1) vote for Trump

2) vote for Hillary

3) don't vote

now if someone genuinely is in the category of a Hillary fan, then they should of course vote for her.

but if someone is not in that category, then they should ask themselves one question:

1) would Trump be a better President than Hillary?

if the answer is Trump would be better, then not supporting Trump is foolish,

if like me you feel that Hillary would be the final death of the Republic, then not supporting Trump is unhinged madness.

at this point, all the rest of the arguments made by the NeverTrumpers like Levin, Hewitt and Beck, show them to be in a delusional circular firing squad
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 09:09:10 pm »

The Mainstream Media will do everything in their power - mostly repetitive lies - to defeat Trump. They know, just like the Black Lives Matter thugs and the Open Borders thugs know, that Trump will put an end to business as usual. Sadly, the Mainstream Media will be joined by a microscopic group of deranged Never Trumpers who will continue to foment venom and passion against Trump because he didn't pass their litmus test as a conservative.

The good news is, Trump has created so much passion and interest on the part of Independents and Democrats who are sick of the same old failed solutions, that despite the MM and the Never Trumpers, Trump will be elected. Hopefully, some of the Never Trumpers will be exposed as either unhinged (Glen Beck and Mark Levin) or slaves to the establishment ( Michael Medved and Hugh Hewitt) and will be put out of business.

check your hem, Bill, your Progressive is showing.

I can get the Glenn Beck thing...but Mark Levin? a member of Reagan's administration? Too conservative for you...hmmm.

seems a bit odd for someone claiming the mantle of Republican stalwart..

Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 10:01:39 am »

check your hem, Bill, your Progressive is showing.

I can get the Glenn Beck thing...but Mark Levin? a member of Reagan's administration? Too conservative for you...hmmm.

seems a bit odd for someone claiming the mantle of Republican stalwart..

check my "hem"!  Grin  Jess, if you will take a deep breath and check your "anger", you will see that I have much more in common politically with Cruz than Trump. Cruz is very close to my point of view, but Trump can win, and Cruz can not. and, from my POV,  Trump's mission is close enough to what needs to be done to save the Republic that I am behind him 100%

I'm glad you see that Beck is unhinged, and like with Cruz, my opinion has little to do with his Beck's ideology, but with his mixture of messianic Mormonism with politics.

Levin was once one of my favorites. I am a Christian Zionist. I love Israel and am friends with many conservative Jews who support Natanyahu. I also agree with Levin that we need a Convention of the States to set the Republic back on track. but........this year Levin went wheels off for Cruz, to the point that he is obsessed with hating Trump. I believe that ONLY Trump can win, so I part company with Levin.

old saying, "Politics is the art of the possible" Trump is capable of making the deals and the HARD decisions necessary to save the Republic. Cruz can't, he is a professional politician, and his wife (the breadwinner in the family) is hip deep in the establishment. did you know that Heidi Cruz was apart of the Bush task force that implemented NAFTA? NAFTA has killed 100,000's of American jobs.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 10:35:26 pm »

check my "hem"!  Grin  Jess, if you will take a deep breath and check your "anger", you will see that I have much more in common politically with Cruz than Trump. Cruz is very close to my point of view, but Trump can win, and Cruz can not. and, from my POV,  Trump's mission is close enough to what needs to be done to save the Republic that I am behind him 100%

I'm glad you see that Beck is unhinged, and like with Cruz, my opinion has little to do with his Beck's ideology, but with his mixture of messianic Mormonism with politics.

Levin was once one of my favorites. I am a Christian Zionist. I love Israel and am friends with many conservative Jews who support Natanyahu. I also agree with Levin that we need a Convention of the States to set the Republic back on track. but........this year Levin went wheels off for Cruz, to the point that he is obsessed with hating Trump. I believe that ONLY Trump can win, so I part company with Levin.

old saying, "Politics is the art of the possible" Trump is capable of making the deals and the HARD decisions necessary to save the Republic. Cruz can't, he is a professional politician, and his wife (the breadwinner in the family) is hip deep in the establishment. did you know that Heidi Cruz was apart of the Bush task force that implemented NAFTA? NAFTA has killed 100,000's of American jobs.

I am so glad you put that anger in parenthises. Because I am not the least bit angry. Sad and bemused but not angry. I agree completely with you, Trump is the same old same old 'play games and score points, get rich quick!' political animal that people like you love. I am not surprised that you backed him so early. I am not fooled by your limp endorsement of Cruz's 'ideas' (silly ol Constitution! PFFT! what IS he thinking?) but I also see that you wrote that whole little treatise and you keep bashing the guy that isn't even in the race anymore.

But I do understand that there is very little to say that is good about Trump so you have to talk about something, right?

Trump is the Right's Obama...and his followers sound and look like the Obamites. Hell's Angels promising to 'provide security' instead of the Black Panthers for example.

same coin, opposite side. But whatever. We get what we deserve.
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 08:45:16 am »

I am so glad you put that anger in parenthises. Because I am not the least bit angry. Sad and bemused but not angry. I agree completely with you, Trump is the same old same old 'play games and score points, get rich quick!' political animal that people like you love. I am not surprised that you backed him so early. I am not fooled by your limp endorsement of Cruz's 'ideas' (silly ol Constitution! PFFT! what IS he thinking?) but I also see that you wrote that whole little treatise and you keep bashing the guy that isn't even in the race anymore.

But I do understand that there is very little to say that is good about Trump so you have to talk about something, right?

Trump is the Right's Obama...and his followers sound and look like the Obamites. Hell's Angels promising to 'provide security' instead of the Black Panthers for example.

same coin, opposite side. But whatever. We get what we deserve.
I'm glad you are not angry, so many of the Nevertrumpers are sooooooo angry.

I'm also puzzled as to why you resent Trump's success, that resentment is straight out of the Left's playbook. Obama is nothing other than a deeply resentful mediocre man.

You are certainly correct that I backed Trump early - in fact the day of his announcement I signed on. I could see he meant serious business about closing our southern border and stopping the invasion destroying this country, that alone was enough to garner my enthusiastic support. Before Trumps announcement, I had been considering either Cruz or Walker. but compared to Trump, both are yesterday's cold burnt toast.

for the first time in a long time, I have hope that we can really turn this country around and save the Republic, if Trump is elected.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 11:33:56 pm »

I'm glad you are not angry, so many of the Nevertrumpers are sooooooo angry.

I'm also puzzled as to why you resent Trump's success, that resentment is straight out of the Left's playbook. Obama is nothing other than a deeply resentful mediocre man.

You are certainly correct that I backed Trump early - in fact the day of his announcement I signed on. I could see he meant serious business about closing our southern border and stopping the invasion destroying this country, that alone was enough to garner my enthusiastic support. Before Trumps announcement, I had been considering either Cruz or Walker. but compared to Trump, both are yesterday's cold burnt toast.

for the first time in a long time, I have hope that we can really turn this country around and save the Republic, if Trump is elected.

tell you what I resent, is you diagnosing what you think my emotions are.

I do not 'resent' Trump's success, why would I? His success or failure in business has nothing to do with my life, I am merely pointing out he is part of the problem his supporters want to end. To dumb it down so you can't misunderstand, it's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

You are not a typical Trump supporter and have little in common with the average Trumpet and your reasons for supporting him is very different than theirs. THEY want to stop this back room dealing and selling of influence....Trump isn't going to do that. It's far too much a part of his life.

Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 12:01:46 pm »

tell you what I resent, is you diagnosing what you think my emotions are.

I do not 'resent' Trump's success, why would I? His success or failure in business has nothing to do with my life, I am merely pointing out he is part of the problem his supporters want to end. To dumb it down so you can't misunderstand, it's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

You are not a typical Trump supporter and have little in common with the average Trumpet and your reasons for supporting him is very different than theirs. THEY want to stop this back room dealing and selling of influence....Trump isn't going to do that. It's far too much a part of his life.

if you don't want diagnostics as to your "anger" or "resentments", then just stick to the facts, and don't speculate as to the motives of others.

you have repeatedly speculated as to the my "dark" motives for supporting Trump, even to the point of holding my support for Trump up as a reason to not support Trump. however, I have not objected to your various speculations and don't resent them because I can't see how they matter.

Now, I am objecting to the previous post where you discuss your resentments because you are attempting to cast yourself as a victim.

the fact is, the candidate(s) you supported, the candidate which I guess matches whatever is your world view, lost. 

the fact is, there is only one choice of action to defeat Hillary - Trump.

speaking again of motives - I am very puzzled about the motives of anyone who has for years decried the "progressive" Left, and has doubts about supporting Trump. Trump is the only way to stop Hillary. 

but, you are certainly not alone in this puzzling behavior. although some of the Nevertrumpers are finally seeing daylight. many are not (Eric Erickson, Shapiro, Michael Medved, etc). 

again, I am very puzzled about the motives of the Nevertrumpers and had hoped to elicit from you a coherent response as to what your motivations actually are. many Republicans and conservatives across the country are puzzled about the Nevertrumpers and actions which will clearly help Hillary.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 10:54:23 pm »

if you don't want diagnostics as to your "anger" or "resentments", then just stick to the facts, and don't speculate as to the motives of others.

I am not speculating, Bill, I am looking and referencing your own words, where have I ascribed any emotion to your motives? "Politics is the art of the possible" Trump is capable of making the deals YOUR words, not mine.

you have repeatedly speculated as to the my "dark" motives for supporting Trump, even to the point of holding my support for Trump up as a reason to not support Trump. however, I have not objected to your various speculations and don't resent them because I can't see how they matter.

Now, I am objecting to the previous post where you discuss your resentments because you are attempting to cast yourself as a victim.

I most certainly do not see myself as a 'victim' (of WHAT exactly do you think I am a victim?) Again you are flailing around trying to ascribe crap to me that I did not say

the fact is, the candidate(s) you supported, the candidate which I guess matches whatever is your world view, lost. 

the fact is, there is only one choice of action to defeat Hillary - Trump.

speaking again of motives - I am very puzzled about the motives of anyone who has for years decried the "progressive" Left, and has doubts about supporting Trump. Trump is the only way to stop Hillary. 

but, you are certainly not alone in this puzzling behavior. although some of the Nevertrumpers are finally seeing daylight. many are not (Eric Erickson, Shapiro, Michael Medved, etc). 

again, I am very puzzled about the motives of the Nevertrumpers and had hoped to elicit from you a coherent response as to what your motivations actually are. many Republicans and conservatives across the country are puzzled about the Nevertrumpers and actions which will clearly help Hillary.

now seriously, Bill, be honest, nothing I could write would strike you as 'coherent' because you read my posts through a myopic lens where I am eternally cast as a silly ol country girl that has nothing to say of importance.

but know this. You do NOT know me. You do NOT know what I am thinking. You do NOT know how I am feeling. It is bizarre to me that you think there is only the little political world you run around in and that there may be people that don't think like you.
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 04:07:30 pm »

C'mon folks. Let's not fight, OK?
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 06:33:35 pm »

C'mon folks. Let's not fight, OK?

party pooper.

I am amused and approve of Trump's handling of the New York Times this week. Finally someone fighting on their level...sorry for the state of the union that makes that necessary but it is what it is.

Don't approve of him saying that the Egypt airliner was bombed so quickly though...it's one thing for a pundit on a radio show to say something like that but we have seen with Obama that a rush to judgement is more likely to come back and bite you than not.

One tiny thing that makes me feel slightly better about Trump is that he does seem to be very pro America (and wouldn't it be a refreshing change to have someone in office that actually likes the country).

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum