The Retreat
March 29, 2024, 02:41:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Response to Orlando - a question of identity or humanity?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Response to Orlando - a question of identity or humanity?  (Read 239 times)
MagicM

« on: June 15, 2016, 08:33:26 pm »

Brendan O'Neill asserts that solidarity with the essential humanity of the victims is being overwhelmed by the claims of identity politics.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/orlando-has-exposed-the-poison-of-identity-politics/18457#.V2H7k_l97IU

Any comments?

Report Spam   Logged

“Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”  Alexander Pope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

injest
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:45:34 pm »

Brendan O'Neill asserts that solidarity with the essential humanity of the victims is being overwhelmed by the claims of identity politics.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/orlando-has-exposed-the-poison-of-identity-politics/18457#.V2H7k_l97IU

Any comments?

oh I knew as soon as I heard that this was a gay nightclub that the Left would be using it to try to further their agenda...gun control. And deflect the idea that it was Islamic terrorism.

no, now the story is he was just a confused gay man, driven to insanity by our ridged Christian beliefs and laws..

Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

I didn't read the whole article yet. But the Gay Party has been turning this whole thing into a huge hot-air balloon for their dwindling victim narrative. With genderless marriage being approved by SCOTUS, a gay character on almost every TV show, openly gay everything from athletes to weathermen, making a case for gays as a victimized class gets weaker and weaker. Then when you add the HUGE push-back over the tranny bathroom issue, there is even more ground lost by the Agenda. So this shooting is just want the Gay Party needed to resuscitate its "fight" in the most emotional way possible.

The message is loud and clear: These murdered and injured club-goers were gay first, American second. Gays are even criticizing public officials and media for either not mentioning the fact that the deceased and injured were gay...or even for not mentioning it FIRST, before describing them as anything else. Yanno, I wonder how someone who was killed in their massacre would feel if they knew that to the gay community, their achievements in life, and their American identity were taking a back seat to their gayness?
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 11:18:55 pm »

I didn't read the whole article yet. But the Gay Party has been turning this whole thing into a huge hot-air balloon for their dwindling victim narrative.

I have heard on the news how they are stepping up security at gay clubs and parades...and how the 'community is on edge'...

cause you know it wasn't a random Muslim terrorist...it's all them Conservative right wingers spreading hate.

I was thinking about this horrific union of the Left and Muslims...I get it: the enemy of my enemy is my friend but you would think they would take a look at that 'enemy of my enemy' to make sure they aren't worse than what you are protesting..

SOME Christians won't bake a gay wedding cake? hardly seems worth protesting when their good ally is strapping young gay men to chairs and throwing them off the roof. How can they justify that friendship?
Report Spam   Logged
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 07:46:10 am »

How can they justify that friendship?

They are in a state of denial. The fact that their cultural imperatives include Regressive politics is at odds with the fact that Muslim scriptures call for the death of homosexuals:

Hadith: "Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done."
(Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4447)

"Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death."
(Sunan of Abu-Dawood – Book 38 Hadith 4448)

And then to turn around and blame Christians is absurd. Jesus never called for the death of homosexuals.
Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 10:30:11 am »

They are in a state of denial. The fact that their cultural imperatives include Regressive politics is at odds with the fact that Muslim scriptures call for the death of homosexuals:

Hadith: "Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done."
(Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4447)

"Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death."
(Sunan of Abu-Dawood – Book 38 Hadith 4448)

And then to turn around and blame Christians is absurd. Jesus never called for the death of homosexuals.

but the Christians won't bake the cake! and sometimes they won't take pictures! it's much WORSE than killing...it's saying "no" to a Liberal. It hurts their feelings.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum