The Retreat
April 19, 2024, 02:54:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Globalists versus Nativists: Rise of the Alt Right

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Globalists versus Nativists: Rise of the Alt Right  (Read 435 times)
Milo
Global Moderator

« on: July 26, 2016, 09:13:13 am »

Another good analysis of the fundamentals driving change in politics lately.

I have been all over the Midlands, and I could see some heartbreaking similarities to cities like Allentown, PA, Columbus, OH, and Davenport, IA. The problem is not just the loss of manufacturing jobs for the aging blue-collar. Young men and women have been effected by it too. What happens to those youth who are not college bound? There aren't enough vocational training programs out there to tech them a trade any more. And look what is happening to those who are graduated from college. A mountain of debt, and no jobs to help them pay it off. Of course, college debt itself is making several people rich, and not all of them (sorry Bernie) are big banks.

I think the thing that is most sinister in all of this is the forced diversity. Natural diversity happens when people willingly borrow from each others' cultures. Natural diversity happens when individuals of different ethnicity decide that they like each other, and they want to spend time in each others' company. When we come together because we're afraid to be chastised if we don't, that's fake. The fakeness breeds resentment. The resentment blocks natural diversity.

I agree that over time we will eventually strike a comfortable balance between globalism, nationalism, multiculturalism, and ethnocentrism. But for now, its time for the jobs to come back home, and for people to be able to accept or reject culture as suits them best.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum