The Retreat
April 18, 2024, 09:52:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Trump as cultural corrective

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump as cultural corrective  (Read 129 times)
Milo
Global Moderator

« on: December 05, 2016, 09:55:33 am »

Exactly.

But what I think really sealed the deal for many people was the sincerity of Trump's delivery. Bernie had this element in his campaign too, but as we all know from the DNC Wikileaks, he never had a chance of beating the Clinton machine. People could believe in Trump because he honestly believed in himself and the ideas he was putting on the table. I can tell you that the strength of his resolve didn't hit home with me until I attended the rally where I sang, and heard him speak live. He spends most of his time off the teleprompter. The things that he has to say are completely internalized, and come out of him organically. You would never know this from listening to the sound-bites that the media feeds us, but his speeches are full of hope and promise for a better tomorrow. I mean if black people would only listen to a few minutes of him talking about what he wants to do in inner cities, they would never call him a "racist" again. Now, don't get me wrong here: I'm not saying that I know what is in Donald Trumps heart--only God knows that. But when you hear the passion in his voice when he talks about problems like education in inner cities--and he tells a story about a specific teacher at a specific school in Philadelphia--you think that maybe...just maybe...this guy actually cares about us. Then repeat that passion with veterans, farmers, coal miners, factory workers, etc., etc., etc. and you win the hearts of the people.

But beyond the man, there is the movement. Brexit was just the beginning. Italy just voted down a set of constitutional reforms that were proposed by their liberal party. Marie Le Pen has a good chance of becoming France's next president. The citizens of Colombia rejected an attempt by their leaders to enter into agreements with drug lords. And the sounds coming out of Australia are indicating that globalism is going to have a difficult time hanging on there too. Populism is spreading across the world like wildfire now, and the world is going to look very different by 2020.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum