The Retreat
March 19, 2024, 03:55:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'Don't call me gay', says Italy designer Stefano Gabbana

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Don't call me gay', says Italy designer Stefano Gabbana  (Read 1553 times)
Milo
Global Moderator

« on: December 18, 2017, 12:58:17 pm »

“Don't call me gay”, says Italy designer Stefano Gabbana

17 December 2017

ROME (AFP) -
Italian designer Stefano Gabbana, one half of the iconic Dolce & Gabbana brand, said Sunday that he was tired of being labelled by his sexuality.

"I don't want to be called gay, because I'm simply a man... full stop," the 55-year-old said in an interview with Italy's Corriere della Sera daily.

"The word 'gay' was invented by those who need to label people, and I don't want to be identified by my sexual choices," he said.

Gabbana launched the luxury fashion label in 1984 with his partner Domenico Dolce, and although they separated in 2004 the couple continued to work together.

"I thought that I could help spread a new culture as a famous person, a culture no longer based on gay rights but on human rights. We are human beings before being gay, heterosexual or bisexual," Gabbana said.

The Milanese couturier said gay associations "often serve as a defence, but I don't want to be protected by anyone, because I've done nothing wrong".

He said he realised he was homosexual aged 18, when his girlfriend "who I really liked" came to visit him for a weekend in Milan, but when they went dancing he "was watching the men more than her".

"I had known (about being gay) for a while, but I didn't have the courage to admit it. Only through therapy did I realise that there had been clear signs in my childhood.

"I wanted to play alone... because I felt different from the other children and I feared that if we were together they would realise. And they would tell my mother," he added.

http://www.france24.com/en/20171217-dont-call-me-gay-says-italy-designer-stefano-gabbana?ref=fb
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

bradINblue

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 01:45:05 am »

Eminem is saying the same thing.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Maker keeps making but I finally broke through. I love you Steve.
Milo
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:42:50 am »

Eminem is saying the same thing.......

I never liked Eminem, and after his attack on Trump I like him even less. If he is doing guys I really don't care.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum