The Retreat
March 29, 2024, 12:21:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Retreat.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The John Titor Saga

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The John Titor Saga  (Read 217 times)
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« on: August 21, 2009, 01:24:46 pm »

http://www.johntitor.com/

A Brief Summary of the John Titor Phenomenon

THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper and deeper into the story, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 911, the Discovery accident and the second gulf war. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:28 pm »

Posts from time traveler - John Titor

1) What are your memories of 2036?

I remember 2036 very clearly. It is difficult to describe 2036 in detail without spending a great deal of time explaining why things are so different.

In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa. A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people. The people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents.

There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiply and divide in their heads.

2) Why would I want to talk to you? Why don't you believe you have something interesting or worthwhile to say to someone in the future?

No, the ice caps are not melting any faster than they are now. There is also far less smog and industrial waste in 2036.

You asked about the North Polar ice pack. I never said the environment wasn't a problem. Doesn't water expand when it freezes? If the polar ice cap melted, wouldn't sea level go down? I don't know if there's enough ice for this to make a difference and I'm not an expert on global warming.

Yes, I realize people become hostile. I don't expect anyone to believe me and I have nothing to sell. I take no offense by it. Just out of curiosity, if you were a time traveler, what do you think it would take to get people to believe you?

I suppose we could agree that no particular era in history is famous for its development of humanity but just once I would like to hear questions like, "What is family life like in the future? How does society deal with poverty? Is AIDS, abortion and drug use still a problem?"

Why don't I give you a stock tip? The money you make would dilute the intelligence and forethought that a smart person had in picking the stock all by themselves. If I told you how to get rich, I would be taking money from them and giving it to you.

Life has changed so much over my lifetime that it's hard to pin down a "normal" day. When I was 13, I was a soldier. As a teenager, I helped my dad haul cargo. I went to college when I was 31 and I was recruited to "time travel" shortly after that. Again, I suppose an average day in 2036 is like an average day on the farm.

Yes, there is a post office. The Internet is still alive and well in the future. People spend more time talking because life is more centered on the community. I've noticed the same type of effect here when the power goes off. People tend to come out of their homes and actually spend time with their neighbors. There is a lot more personal trust and less paranoia.

Far less medical treatment in the future even though It's more advanced. People die when they now its time to die. No lasers. Genetic medicine and cloning organs are the obvious new techs in the future.

The Constitution was changed after the war. We have 5 presidents that are voted in and out on different term periods. The vice president is the president of the senate and they are voted separately.

We have cars, just not a whole bunch of them. There is public transportation from city to city.

If I could bring some material thing back to your time from 2036, it would be a copy of the new US Constitution.

Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 01:33:54 pm »

"There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska."

John Titor

Report Spam   Logged
injest
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 05:17:56 pm »

I am surprised to see you posting about this guy...I have read some stuff about him before.

do you believe he was a time traveler? what do you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 02:47:18 pm »

I don't know, I just find the phenom interesting.

And while Titor himself was still posting (he has since disappeared), he didn't really believe that he was from our future, but that he was from an alternate reality, a reality where it is the year 2036 and counting. Thru his "time machine" he was able to find an alternate time thread (our universe) where reality was 30 years earlier than his. And because our reality is similar enough to his, he felt it useful to post some warnings that we may be headed towards the same civil war which engulfed his world.

About 10 years ago, there was an entertaining tv show about this phenom called "Sliders". The sliders would slide from alternate reality to alternatve reality. Alternate earths where history unfolded differently than ours, for example, an alternate time brane where The USA never achieved independence from the UK, or an alternate reality where no human life evolved on the planet, and so on and so forth.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:49:41 pm by Arcadianmemories » Report Spam   Logged
Arcadianmemories
Honorary Vice President
cat lover

salvation thru star trek

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 03:47:33 pm »

Parallel Planet Earth Being Created

In an unnerving parody of the 3-D virtual reality world of Second Life, the US Department of Defense (DOD) is developing a parallel mirror of Planet Earth on a massive, global scale, called the Sentient World Simulation.  Billions of individual "nodes" virtually reflect every man, woman, and child.

Sentient World Simulation (SWS) will be a continuously running, continually updated mirror model of the real world that can be used to predict and evaluate future events and courses of action. It will react to actual events that occur anywhere in the world and in corporate newly sensed data from the real world. SWS will provides the ability to examine the likely progression of the status-quo as well as explore any "what if" scenarios.

SWS creates synthetic decision situations using technology developed at Purdue University in conjunction with funding from the National Science Foundation, Intel, 21st Century Fund, Office of Naval Research and other agencies.

The technology recreates situations using human and artificial agents. It populates it with real data then allows data mining, decision support, forecasting, scenario planning and strategy planning. Millions of artificial agents represent behaviors (buying behavior of consumers, movement of trucks, contamination after a bio-terror attack, etc.) and hundreds of human players can make decisions all in a real time, web-enabled, interactive virtual world.

"SWS provides an environment for testing Psychological Operations (PSYOP)," the paper reads, so that military leaders can "develop and test multiple courses of action to anticipate and shape behaviors of adversaries, neutrals, and partners". SWS also replicates financial institutions, utilities, media outlets, and street corner shops. By applying theories of economics and human psychology, its developers believe they can predict how individuals and mobs will respond to various stressors.

"The idea is to generate alternative futures with outcomes based on interactions between multiple sides," said Purdue University professor of Information Systems, Alok Chaturvedi, co-author of the SWS concept paper.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2007/07/parallel-planet.html

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:54:09 pm by Arcadianmemories » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum